Stafford most underhonored player in NFL history?

GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: Stafford most underhonored player in NFL history?

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Stafford threw a couple of great passes to Kupp on one TD drive. That interception at the end of the game looked pretty bad though. There was a pick 6 on another Beckham route last week or the week before, and then he through long to Beckham late in the game yesterday and it wasn't where Beckham was. Has me thinking that they might not be on the same page, Beckham being new to the offense.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:I predict they upset the Chiefs during Wild Card weekend.
Gawd I hope not!
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

It's kind of funny Stafford was the last QB from UGA who actually had success in the NFL. Before him, you have to go all the way back to Fran Tarkenton.
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:
JameisLoseston wrote:
Given the choice, I'd pick him over Rivers, Ryan, Dalton....to me, Stafford's seemed a bit on the higher end of the B-level tier.
Dalton is the only one of those four I'd call a "B" quarterback. The rest are at least HOVG locks.
By B-level I meant not as good as A-level Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning. Sorry, that term wasn't very clear. I meant not as good as the all-time greats but clearly better than a lot of other quarterbacks.
That makes a lot more sense. Outside of those guys and maybe Brees though there's really no one from his generation Stafford doesn't compare well to IMO and all those guys have more accolades.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Big step for Stafford with his first playoff win. The Rams need to keep running the ball and keeping Brady off the field. Can this team put it together two weeks in a row ?

I went 5 for 6 with my picks this weekend. Only the Steelers let me down but they just ran out of gas trying to get to the postseason.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:Big step for Stafford with his first playoff win. The Rams need to keep running the ball and keeping Brady off the field. Can this team put it together two weeks in a row ?

I went 5 for 6 with my picks this weekend. Only the Steelers let me down but they just ran out of gas trying to get to the postseason.
Stafford played well and didn't make any mistakes. I was surprised how little resistance the Cardinals gave the Rams, but if you have a good enough pass rush so that Murray can't freelance, then Murray isn't going to beat you with quick, methodical throws. Tampa Bay is a much more difficult matchup both offensively and defensively for the Rams. I will be impressed if Stafford can lead the Rams to a win in that one.

None of the wild card games were all that competitive. The Bengals and Niners games shouldn't have been that close. The other games were blowouts. You probably don't need 7 playoff teams in each conference, but I think we will be stuck with this format for the foreseeable future.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Bryan wrote:I think we will be stuck with this format for the foreseeable future.
Not only are we stuck with it, it'll expand to 8 teams in each conference within a few short years. At that time we'll probably also see the regular season expanded to 18 games.

Looking at it from the perspectives of the owners and TV (and bettors), there's a certain symmetry to a 16-team tournament following an 18-game season, even if it means the Super Bowl will be played in late Feb. It'll probably remain that way for a long time after that, maybe forever. Even with today's push-and-shove game (when's the last time you saw a trap play or pulling guards?) it's hard to imagine players playing more than 22 games that count every season.

I don't like any of it. But nobody cares what I think.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thats where youre wrong Richard ...

I care what you think and appreciate all the views on this forum. The NFL I loved is gone but I still like to wax over its great history and hope to still occasionally see big hits, tackling and spectacular, athletic plays in today's game. Zebras, network overhype or point spreads be damned ! Its still more entertaining than most of the crap on television. As a proud white man, I still have to ignore the commercials though. Its tiring seeing white males being either emasculated, humiliated or the brunt of jokes or characterizations, for the last twenty years ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Well, what I meant was nobody among the NFL powers cares what I say (or what any other average fan says). I'm not a network exec or have a zillion bucks to drop into a franchise. :cry:

That's ok. I can live w/o a Christmas card from the commish.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I didnt agree with Tagliabue being named to the HOF but I am sure Goodell will join him as well. Its time for a team, fan ownership revolution but its doubtful to ever happen. Its bad enough nepotism is seaping through the coaching, executive ranks ...