The NFC. . .(B)East!

racepug

The NFC. . .(B)East!

Post by racepug »

Well, how 'bout that? Only a couple of years after many people (myself included) felt that the NFC (L)East didn't deserve to have any teams in the playoffs, the NFC (B)East is looking like it might end up with every one of its teams in the playoffs (thanks to the Seahawks [in particular their "D"] reverting to early season form)! How did that happen?
74_75_78_79_

Re: The NFC. . .(B)East!

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

racepug wrote:Well, how 'bout that? Only a couple of years after many people (myself included) felt that the NFC (L)East didn't deserve to have any teams in the playoffs, the NFC (B)East is looking like it might end up with every one of its teams in the playoffs (thanks to the Seahawks [in particular their "D"] reverting to early season form)! How did that happen?
Yeah, how ABOUT that?? With this and San Fran playing as they are now, could REALLY use Summerall and Madden calling some of these big NFC matchups!!
racepug

Post by racepug »

I like this 49ers team. I truly do (at this point I think the 49ers are gonna win the NFC West). But it needs to work on its consistency.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The Niners should win the division but you still have to wonder about the injuries and whether Jimmy G can hold up through the playoffs? Then there is the bigger issue of whether the owners would like to see Jed York hoisting the Lombardi Trophy ?

Different aging teams have disappointed after winning a SB the following season but have any teams disappointed or layed down worse than the Rams this year ? Injuries are part of it but this team has too much talent to be looking this bad. That punch McVay took yesterday from his player seems to symbolize their year and I guess humility was in store ...
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Brian wolf wrote:The Niners should win the division but you still have to wonder about the injuries and whether Jimmy G can hold up through the playoffs? Then there is the bigger issue of whether the owners would like to see Jed York hoisting the Lombardi Trophy ?

Different aging teams have disappointed after winning a SB the following season but have any teams disappointed or layed down worse than the Rams this year ? Injuries are part of it but this team has too much talent to be looking this bad. That punch McVay took yesterday from his player seems to symbolize their year and I guess humility was in store ...
Dolphins/Forty Niners this week, a Super Bowl preview?? Mike McDaniel from the School of Shanahan (both of them, actually; but is taking all he'd learned and still applying his very own unique new-school style) would make for quite the pregame story-line! Of course my San Fran being in the SB this year prediction was predicated on me thinking it'd be Trey Lance at QB instead! But their D along with me thinking that Jimmy G can still be "good enough" will make me stick with that pick. The Eagles are no paper-tiger, but I can't help but to envision SF coming into the Linc this January (likely it'll be the divisional round) and their D really disrupting things for Hurts & Co. I admire Jalen - his work ethic, always trying to further improve his game, his leadership, his talent, etc - but IMO they need to avoid that team. Dallas is the next closest NFC threat (and, really, the only other possible one) but I think the best they'll do to Philly is simply split with them on Christmas Eve. Eagles likely beat Dallas if they have to play them in the post-season. If they can simply avoid San Fran, then we can have that 'Ace Ventura'/Tua-vs-Hurts 'Saban' Bowl matchup this February.

Even if Miami doesn't win next Sunday, and even if Bills win the division along with winning the rematch, Mike McDaniel gets the Gatorade Bath on that very final day. How can I not stick with that out-the-box gutsy preseason prediction at this point?? Just as long as TUA stays healthy, that is! You can already, it seems, proclaim him as the best Dolphin QB since Dan! Who's 2nd-best? I thought Jay for a second, of course I should have thought Tannehill before him, but then I immediately remembered Pennington's 2008 campaign: QB-ing a team that was 1-15 the year prior, besting Favre in the finale for the division!

Yes, the Rams are looking so en route to worst-ever-defending-SB-champ! Yes, Denver went 6-10 in 1999, but they no longer had John and TD went out. What are the Rams' excuse? I think of the '81 Raiders as well. But, FWIW, they at least "rallied" to mediocrity down the stretch. And McVay & Co will have to do just that to get off the schnide!