Welcome! New PFRA Website & Forum

Ronfitch

Re: Welcome! New PFRA Website & Forum

Post by Ronfitch »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Watching college football right now with the laptop on. Thought I set things up. Looks good so far! Change happens and the new set-up's got my support! If any constructive criticism ideas come my way, I'll make whatever recommendation(s) but in the meantime, it's great to be on the new site and will be looking forward to reading everyone's continual threads along with posting some of my own! As for pics, capecod, they can be no longer nor wider than 90 pixels (no larger than 6.0 KiB); at least as far as a profile avatar is concerned.

GREAT JOB, everyone involved!
Yeah, the site looks great.

How do you get an image down to 6 kb for an avitar? Been messing with Photoshop for half an hour, trying jpg, gif and png formats with a variety of options.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

74_75_78_79_
Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:46 pm

"...As for pics, capecod, they can be no longer nor wider than 90 pixels (no larger than 6.0 KiB); at least as far as a profile avatar is concerned..."

Thank you... but, as you can see. I got it there.
I just dropped the picture on the desktop and kept reducing it until it was accepted. The third try got it.
Thanks again...
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Ronfitch
Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 pm

"...How do you get an image down to 6 kb for an avitar? Been messing with Photoshop for half an hour, trying jpg, gif and png formats with a variety of options."

Place it on your desktop. Open in Paint. Reduce by 10% until it fits.
When you hit Submit, the site is slow so it will take a bit and either notify you of the parameters or tell you "updated."
If rejected, you must do it again... and again... and agaun... until...
(If you don't know Paint. it is in Accessories - Save in jpeg - Edit: Home - Resize - 90/90 or just 90 in Horizontal if a newer version. (I forget where the transition was made but it does not matter.)
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

The old forum still seems to be open, for how much longer I don't know, just in case you didn't get everything you wanted to get copied.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Mark and CD -

The old forum did not require a log in to just view threads and posts but the new one does require a log in to do that. Will that remain the case for the new forum? Thanks.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Mark L. Ford

Post by Mark L. Ford »

The texts of conversations that were still going on Friday and Saturday have now been re-posted.
Feel free to pick up where you left off.
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Question for the administrators: on the old forum one could see the topics/conversations without actually logging into the forum.

With the new forum, it appears as though one must log in first before seeing anything.

Is that accurate, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

**edit** - my apologies to Ronfitch for duplicating the question I just now saw he already asked.
cdwillis
Site Moderator

Post by cdwillis »

Right now that is the case. You have to log on to the Forum to see everything. Thanks for asking.
cdwillis
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Hats off to all the people who worked on upgrading the site. Colorful, polished, modern, puts the group in the big leagues.

Funny what a difference having a great web page makes without really adding much to content.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Reaser wrote:Are PM's going to be permitted?

Currently it says I am "not authorised to use this feature" ...
The above may have been overlooked since it was on the first page so bringing attention to it.

Also, will there be an archive section, or will threads just stay in their section indefinitely (eventually with 100's of pages of threads in "Football Talk") ... ?

edit: Nevermind on the PM's, I see that they have been 'unlocked'