ridiculous password requirement

luckyshow

ridiculous password requirement

Post by luckyshow »

I finally found this. I am currently using Windows 95 at home (my other computer completely died, the hard drive inaccessible. So the front page of this new site seems too complex for the WIndows 95 computer to open it. Now I see I can't use my former password because it doesn't have mixed case characters, doesn't have a number in it, nor a symbol (how absurd). So hell if I ever remember this password. I have never ad numbers, upper case characters, nor symbols, in a password before. What is this, Fort Knox?

P.S.- I am accessing this at library computer, maybe this forum page will open at home
ChrisBabcock

Re: ridiculous password requirement

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I agree. I decided to start mine with a capital letter, and end with a ! Seems like it would be fairly easy to remember that way.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

ChrisBabcock wrote:and end with a ! Seems like it would be fairly easy to remember that way.
Smart. Wish I had thought of/done that.
cdwillis
Site Moderator

Post by cdwillis »

Yes, the password requirements are a little long. But since this is a public forum we took some precautionary steps to ensure
the security of the Forum. Looks like everybody has adapted to it, so thanks everyone for going through the new process.
cdwillis
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by luckyshow » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:55 pm
"...Now I see I can't use my former password because it doesn't have mixed case characters, doesn't have a number in it, nor a symbol (how absurd). So hell if I ever remember this password. I have never ad numbers, upper case characters, nor symbols, in a password before. What is this, Fort Knox?"

Paul, you are wrong.
As much as I am willing to be critical of the transfer difficulties caused by the bored, they are not guilty of your charge.
The blend of characters to include both case letters, numbers and symbols has become quite common.
And, it is going to get worse.
Soon you may have to turn on your camera and allow it to read the dot implanted in your forehead.
As for Fort Knox... it is little problem getting in. Getting out would be another matter.

Exclamation Point !

WOW!!! What a great idea.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

I'm unable to access the forum without logging in. If I click on the home pages' Forum tab it says there are no forums. I'm hoping this changes, as this is not exactly a welcoming to a casual public search. -John
Mark L. Ford

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Often, a computer has a way to "bookmark" a particular site (on mine, you click a star in the upper right corner of the screen) and some Google displays show pictures of the most frequently used ones. Basically, if you click on http://www.profootballresearchers.com/f ... um.php?f=5 it will take you straight there without having to go through the front door.

I initially hated the "BIG LETTER, little letter, numera1 and $ymbol" requirment, but it's easy to make a four character password, and the system saves it for future use. "What4?" is the example I give out.
Tod Maher

Post by Tod Maher »

What's annoying is having to login everytime to see the Forum. Can't the administrator change the #$@! guest permissions to read only???????????!!!!!!!!!!
Mark L. Ford

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Hmm, that's unusual (though you and JohnR are both encountering that at the moment). I've not had any problem in going straight to it after having logged in once. The system shouldn't be doing an automatic logout for anyone. I'll check into it-- Chris and I are compiling a list of first week reported problems.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by Mark L. Ford » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm
"... I initially hated the "BIG LETTER, little letter, numera1 and $ymbol" requirment, but it's easy to make a four character password, and the system saves it for future use. "What4?" is the example I give out."

Perhaps the example of "What4?" as a four character password is causing confusion?
Some might read that as ford igits?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister