Cowboys best shot since '95?

racepug

Re: Cowboys best shot since '95?

Post by racepug »

Oszuscik wrote:Cowboys fans and their local writers seem pretty high on the team's Super Bowl chances this season.
You could write that sentence every single season. Doesn't mean much.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good call, SuperBowlFanatic ...

The Cowboys were on an uptick till the end of the Seattle game, where slippery balls are a way of life in that city. The Saints and a tough Bears defense, still would have been a difficult challenge for Romo, who came into his own the following season ...
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I think they have a better chance this season than they did under Romo simply because I think Dak takes better care of the ball then Romo did. Romo was a human highlight film that you never could trust to not make that crucial interception to lose the game. Dak isn't quite the playmaker that Romo was but he also isn't as turnover prone either.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Brian wolf wrote: Seattle... where slippery balls are a way of life in that city.
Coincidently, that's also the slogan of the city's new tourism campaign...
racepug

Post by racepug »

lastcat3 wrote:Dak takes better care of the ball then Romo did.
That's it! That's what I read in "Collision Low Crossers" (a book about the New York Jets' 2010 season) - that Tony Romo, while at times brilliant (supposedly), could almost always be counted on to make a stupid mistake at a REALLY bad time that cost his team dearly.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I think is their best shot since 2007.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

So the PFRA Forum curse strikes :D
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

rhickok1109 wrote:So the PFRA Forum curse strikes :D
Lol true enough. That was just a weird game. Dallas played about as bad as they could possibly play. They looked like a highschool team out there with all the passes they were dropping. Denver has a good D but I think the timing with the Cowboys offense got disrupted quite a bit with Dak being off for a few weeks recovering from that injury. It's just not normal for an NFL team to have that many drops and overthrows. You could see better cohesion from an offense watching college football.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Eh. It was just a regular season game. And they're still in first place in their division (which they're almost certain to win this season). But it was sure nice to see that they got their butts kicked. (That'll put all the "Cowboys are goin' to the Super Bowl!" talk to rest. . .for a day or two)
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:McCarthy, given the chance, is likely going to win several division championships in Dallas, IMO. Whether they get to the Super Bowl or not is tough to say.
I don't know if you will be proven right or wrong, but I found this to be an interesting statement. I always thought the Packers won in spite of McCarthy; whenever he called timeout and sent in a play, it would end in disaster. Clock management, using challenges, when to go for 2...these things seem to always be beyond McCarthy's grasp. I thought it was telling that when McCarthy was fired by the Packers, he was one of only a handful of active coaches that had a Super Bowl title on his resume, there were numerous job openings, yet no team gave McCarthy a job.
Last edited by Bryan on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.