Von Miller to Rams

racepug

Von Miller to Rams

Post by racepug »

Why on Earth did Denver part ways with Von Miller? The way I've been reading it he's considered to be one of the best players in Broncos history. So what was their motivation in getting rid of him?
Brian wolf

Re: Von Miller to Rams

Post by Brian wolf »

Its crazy because Fangio knows he is running out of time as HC and Miller is still a team asset but maybe Fangio felt Miller would stay more motivated on a team trying to win a championship like the hot Rams. If Miller plays in his usual position, Floyd now has to adjust to the right side but Donald will get perhaps even more opportunities.

Has to be tough on Broncos fans who were happy with the 3-0 start to the year ...
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Well, he's been hurt and there's some doubt about whether he'll be able to play Sunday, he's in the last year of his contract, he'll turn 33 before next season, and they got two high draft picks for him. The trade makes a lot of sense to me.

BTW, John Elway made the trade, not Fangio.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Denver thought he was over the hill enough but still has good trade value so they decided to get some decent draft picks for him.

I do consider Miller the #2 rush linebacker of all time and a top 100 player overall.