Aaron Rodgers

JeffreyMiller

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Post by JeffreyMiller »

It's really hard not bringing ones personal feelings into this. And in many posts I'm seeing people making statements that really are veiled political statements. If you want to address whether he lied, that's one thing. But to address his motives or whether he belongs to a certain tribe or movement, that's another. That's his business.
Let the league handle it. Were not in the locker rooms and not in his head.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

The biggest problem to me with these threads is we wind up turning on/insulting or whatever each other and it's a pretty small community. I'm less worried about the athletes - they are public figures, not that I'm envious, I wouldn't want to be just because I played a sport.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:The biggest problem to me with these threads is we wind up turning on/insulting or whatever each other and it's a pretty small community. I'm less worried about the athletes - they are public figures, not that I'm envious, I wouldn't want to be just because I played a sport.
Agree 100%. I've seen other boards disintegrate in the past over squabbling over stuff that's best left for those glorious moments when the guys loosen their belts, fart into the couch, and loudly "discuss" current events as the TV drones on. (Hey, that's what the holidays are all about, right? That and nickel-dime poker and Uncle Snuffy's homemade horseradish.)

Anyway, without sounding like we should all link arms (well, virtually) and sing Kumbaya, probably best to concentrate on the stuff that brings all of us nerds and knuckleheads together: a common interest in the game and its history. I have yet to see anybody on any type of board ever convince a fellow poster that his deeply felt opinion about something or another was wrong. Instead, people just tend to dig in their heels and at some point it all starts going south. And nothing was solved, nothing was proven, and nobody was converted.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Can we please stay on the rails here, you guys?

What do you think all of this means with regard to Rodgers' ongoing dispute with the team, and how will this affect how potential suitors view him? Last time I'm inviting the discussion, before I, too, recommend closing the thread.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I wonder if ownership believes (or can construe) AR's behavior is a violation of any clauses in his contract?
Does anyone think they'd discipline him (or even let him go) in the middle of an otherwise successful season in which his team is competing for a top playoff spot?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

LaFleur has the hottest start to a coaching career since Guy Chamberlin ... with a championship this season they could ship Rodgers out but if not, they might as well try again next year ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Discussions about someone's decision whether or not to get vaccinated and how it impacts himself and his team aren't "political" unless people turn it into a "political" discussion. To me, that's on the people who respond to the OP. I refuse to be saddled with the responsibility of having brought up a controversial issue that other people turn into something controversial as their choice.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

racepug wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:If we want to talk about his play on the field, have at it. Let's leave the political stuff out of the thread. Thank you.
This topic shouldn't be considered "political" because choosing to get vaccinated is about health, not politics.
Agreed and Rogers needs to choose what's best for his health. Not saying you are saying different.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Sonny9 wrote:
racepug wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:If we want to talk about his play on the field, have at it. Let's leave the political stuff out of the thread. Thank you.
This topic shouldn't be considered "political" because choosing to get vaccinated is about health, not politics.
Agreed and Rogers needs to choose what's best for his health. Not saying you are saying different.
What's best for his health and what he THINKS is best for his health may be two entirely different things.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

And what about the people around him, who have no choice but to breathe the same air as he?
Do we have no responsibility to our fellow humans?

Or are we "not our brothers' keeper"?

Or, on a more football related topic, if he got me sick, or caused a mini-epidemic on my team or was responsible for my child getting sick I would not be happy with him as a teammate.