Aaron Rodgers

Jay Z

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Post by Jay Z »

The NFL does not require Rodgers or other players to get vaccinated. There are other players who are not vaccinated. I believe the Packers actually knew he was not vaccinated. Unvaccinated players are required to adhere to different protocols than vaccinated players. My understand is that Rodgers did violate some protocols in not wearing a mask in some press conferences, due to his desire to conceal his vaccination status.

As a player, Rodgers is a 500 pound gorilla. He's going to be employed, and if he wants out of GB, he's going to get another job. We can talk about it being a team game, but those are the facts.

I don't think Rodgers will win another SB unless he's on the best team, GB or otherwise. He's not pulling out a miracle. Seen him too much to believe otherwise. Watching him as a player (I'm a GB fan, so see all of the games) his specialty is the big play. Most memorable playoff moment was the 36 yard pass to Jared Cook to set up the FG to win the game against Dallas in 2016. That is Rodgers. He's less adept at the sort of dink and dunk drive late in the game to win the game. He's just okay in those circumstances. Montana, Brady, Starr are better at that sort of thing. He's not going to throw a pick, but he will tighten up some. That has been present his whole career and isn't going to change now. So if GB is the best this year, like they were in 2010, he will win. Not otherwise.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

racepug wrote:Discussions about someone's decision whether or not to get vaccinated and how it impacts himself and his team aren't "political" unless people turn it into a "political" discussion. To me, that's on the people who respond to the OP. I refuse to be saddled with the responsibility of having brought up a controversial issue that other people turn into something controversial as their choice.
Perhaps, but when someone suggests someone has these beliefs because they belong to a certain "tribe," then what does mean?

It is time to close this thread.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

JuggernautJ wrote:And what about the people around him, who have no choice but to breathe the same air as he?
Do we have no responsibility to our fellow humans?

Or are we "not our brothers' keeper"?

Or, on a more football related topic, if he got me sick, or caused a mini-epidemic on my team or was responsible for my child getting sick I would not be happy with him as a teammate.
A vaccinated person can pass it onto others.
Last edited by Sonny9 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

rhickok1109 wrote: What's best for his health and what he THINKS is best for his health may be two entirely different things.
He's an educated adult who has thought this through. That's what I'm going with.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Jay Z wrote:I don't think Rodgers will win another SB unless he's on the best team, GB or otherwise. He's not pulling out a miracle. Seen him too much to believe otherwise. Watching him as a player (I'm a GB fan, so see all of the games) his specialty is the big play. Most memorable playoff moment was the 36 yard pass to Jared Cook to set up the FG to win the game against Dallas in 2016. That is Rodgers. He's less adept at the sort of dink and dunk drive late in the game to win the game. He's just okay in those circumstances. Montana, Brady, Starr are better at that sort of thing. He's not going to throw a pick, but he will tighten up some. That has been present his whole career and isn't going to change now. So if GB is the best this year, like they were in 2010, he will win. Not otherwise.
How often do you think Rodgers has been on the best team in his career? That 2010 team was a #6 seed with their leading rusher being Brandon Jackson. The next year they went 15-1 with James Starks as their leading rusher. Its not like McCarthy is Bill Belichick. IMO, the Packers have always been an above-average team but never the best team.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Bryan wrote:How often do you think Rodgers has been on the best team in his career? That 2010 team was a #6 seed with their leading rusher being Brandon Jackson. The next year they went 15-1 with James Starks as their leading rusher. Its not like McCarthy is Bill Belichick. IMO, the Packers have always been an above-average team but never the best team.
The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl. See the 2001 Patriots, 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants.

2011 Giants was likely Rodgers' worst playoff performance. He had some help there. Even with the weakened defense, the Packers were still better than the Giants, based on the regular season performance.

Packers were the best team in 2010, even at 10-6. Rodgers had a ton of help in the playoffs from his defense. They made stands at the end of three of the four games, and scored defensive touchdowns in three of the games.

Rodgers has done more than enough in the playoffs to merit the HOF. He had that a long time ago. I still think he's comparatively lacking in the last minute drive scenarios, and isn't inspirational in the way that would cause a team to crest with a hot streak in the playoffs. So despite his talent, I don't think the odds are good at his being part of some semi-miracle run. He'll win if he's on the best team. Could be wrong, that's just how I see it.
JWL

Post by JWL »

RichardBak wrote:Say what you will, he's gotta lose the ponytail.
Rodgers does join the group of athletes who had more hair in their 30s than in their 20s. Other members include Jake Peavy, Brian Urlacher, and Craig Kimbrel.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Of course, that depends on what you mean by "hair."