N.F.L. admits mistakes

RichardBak

Re: N.F.L. admits mistakes

Post by RichardBak »

All right, let's not drag Frankly into the discussion.
_frankly_sinatra.jpg
_frankly_sinatra.jpg (65.52 KiB) Viewed 4388 times
Mark

Post by Mark »

Given that people have complained about refereeing as long as I can remember and in every sport it should be obvious that the human ability to see things 100% accurately is quite limited. TBH often I disagree with a call at first and see the replay and the official is correct more often than I am. Now, the next time a bad call goes against my team will I throw a fit? Of course I will.
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

racepug wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:Not really. The NFL has often admitted officials' mistakes.
When? Give some examples of when the N.F.L. has actually admitted when it screwed up. It certainly didn't after S.B. XL! It took the head referee from that game to come to Seattle several years later to admit to fans that he was "sorry" that he wasn't on his "A-game" during that S.B. That visit wasn't sanctioned by the league and it's pretty "funny" that his "less than 'A-game' performance" consisted of bad calls that went pretty much only one way that night. I know somebody who told me that she contacted the league after that game and was told, in no uncertain terms, "We don't make mistakes." :evil:
The first one I remember was in 1968 when the Rams were shorted a down near the end of their game with the Bears in LA. The official with the yard marker failed to turn the number back to first down after a penalty against the Rams was accepted by the Bears. There have been others, but since I was at the game and I recall that my dad realized the mistake, that one has stuck with me. The NFL made a statement the next day, admitting the officials had goofed.

Lee Elder