N.F.L. admits mistakes

racepug

N.F.L. admits mistakes

Post by racepug »

That, in itself, is a minor miracle: https://sports.yahoo.com/league-private ... 19394.html

(I've known that the "Stealers" are a favored team as far as the N.F.L. is concerned ever since S.B. XL)
rhickok1109

Re: N.F.L. admits mistakes

Post by rhickok1109 »

Not really. The NFL has often admitted officials' mistakes.
racepug

Post by racepug »

rhickok1109 wrote:Not really. The NFL has often admitted officials' mistakes.
When? Give some examples of when the N.F.L. has actually admitted when it screwed up. It certainly didn't after S.B. XL! It took the head referee from that game to come to Seattle several years later to admit to fans that he was "sorry" that he wasn't on his "A-game" during that S.B. That visit wasn't sanctioned by the league and it's pretty "funny" that his "less than 'A-game' performance" consisted of bad calls that went pretty much only one way that night. I know somebody who told me that she contacted the league after that game and was told, in no uncertain terms, "We don't make mistakes." :evil:
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

The NFL has often admitted officiating errors. Sorry, but I didn’t keep a list of instances. I’m sure Google could help.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

rhickok1109 wrote:Not really. The NFL has often admitted officials' mistakes.
Exactly.

The league has put out statements before. Have done it through NFL Network before. Done it through the media before.

Generally they admit mistakes directly to the teams and that's when 'we' hear about it -- when the teams (Coach, GM) say "they admitted they got that wrong last week."

Regardless, not something new.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Well then maybe it's better to not get the calls wrong in the first place (especially in this era of "refereeing through replay") instead of having to "apologize" for screwing things up. But I know the N.F.L. has its favored teams and players so things probably aren't going to change on that count.
JWL

Post by JWL »

The league is not trying to make mistakes. Sometimes mistakes are made. The league will apologize about it instead of saying, "We don't care."
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

racepug wrote:Well then maybe it's better to not get the calls wrong in the first place (especially in this era of "refereeing through replay") instead of having to "apologize" for screwing things up. But I know the N.F.L. has its favored teams and players so things probably aren't going to change on that count.
Frankly, if you have that point of view, there's no point having a discussion.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

If refs didn't screw up (in all sports) there'd be nothing for fans and radio jocks to piss and moan about and it would probably cause call-in shows around the country to go belly-up. Which might not be a bad thing, now that I think of it.

Anyway, the NFL's been admitting mistakes for as long as I can remember. Nobody's perfect. Seems to me the good teams play through the calls that go against them and take advantage of those that favor them.
racepug

Post by racepug »

rhickok1109 wrote:
racepug wrote:Well then maybe it's better to not get the calls wrong in the first place (especially in this era of "refereeing through replay") instead of having to "apologize" for screwing things up. But I know the N.F.L. has its favored teams and players so things probably aren't going to change on that count.
Frankly, if you have that point of view, there's no point having a discussion.
Frankly, I think the rest of you are arguing in favor of the monopolizers of the sport who are the N.F.L. just for the sake of arguing.