Question for any expert who knows fewest passes

single wing

Question for any expert who knows fewest passes

Post by single wing »

It was mentioned on tv that the New England win in Week 13 while throwing only 3 passes in the entire game was the first time it occurred since 1974.. Anyone know what game they were talking about from the 1974 season ?
Brian wolf

Re: Question for any expert who knows fewest passes

Post by Brian wolf »

Buffalo vs Jets ... Buffalo won 16-12. Ferguson was 0-2 in attempts ...
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

single wing wrote:It was mentioned on tv that the New England win in Week 13 while throwing only 3 passes in the entire game was the first time it occurred since 1974.. Anyone know what game they were talking about from the 1974 season ?
I suspect it was the Jets at Bills game on Sept. 29. The game was played in torrential rain and wind. Joe Ferguson only threw 2 passes in Buffalo's 16-12 win. Despite Joe Namath completing just 2 passes in 18 attempts, New York led 12-10 going into the 4th quarter. Had the Jets won that game they would have won a tie-breaker over Buffalo for the AFC's Wild Card Spot at season's end.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 290buf.htm

https://youtu.be/01ZdSVD4b-U
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Remarkably, neither team completed a pass for the first 58 minutes of the game.
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

RichardBak wrote:Remarkably, neither team completed a pass for the first 58 minutes of the game.
That's amazing. I remember watching that game on a black and white TV when I was 12. I had forgotten many of the details. Jim Braxton was a beast in those days.