COVID -NFL

rhickok1109

Re: COVID -NFL

Post by rhickok1109 »

JohnH19 wrote:Ralph, I hope you were in for something relatively minor and that you are doing well.
Thanks, John, I probably should have elaborated to avoid causing alarm. It turned out not to be a big thing after all.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

This situation is somewhat like the steroid situation in baseball. I have serious doubts that MLB was pushing hard to get steroids banned. However, the union fought like hell for years to make sure that testing was banned--or at least only during the Spring Training physical phase--when players could dodge a positive test. When he was leaving his job with MLBPA, Donald offered a no comment about whether he made a mistake not insisting on keeping things legit.

Regarding the NFL, there could be teams that will miss out on the playoffs because they had to sit players who weren't vaccinated.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I am guessing maybe the league squeezes in some sort of clause or language with player's approval before the next CBA. All it takes is for one player to be unvaccinated and it can cause too much commotion. See the NHL.