Heinicke looks like Tarkenton

RyanChristiansen

Heinicke looks like Tarkenton

Post by RyanChristiansen »

I don’t want to suggest that Heinicke approaches Tarkenton in ability, but I think he looks like Tarkenton in his scrambling. He’s a shorty, too, like Fran.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
Brian wolf

Re: Heinicke looks like Tarkenton

Post by Brian wolf »

Wilson for Seattle always reminds me of Tarkenton. A gifted runner who has an instinct for buying time and throwing before running ... will he stay with the Seahawks ?
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Wilson comes off as a much better comparison to Tarkenton than Heinicke. Heinicke, to me, falls into that category of B quarterbacks with a motor that has no idea how to go at less than 110 percent. Fitzpatrick, Minshew, and Keenum are his primary competition in this class. Fitz legitimately has a rocket, but the other three just think they do, and none of them have ever learned the meaning of quit. It's a dangerous way to approach a game, but I've always had a lot of respect for guys like this. Theyre the dictionary definition of "scrappy". Maybe the last of the true gunslingers.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Brian wolf wrote:Wilson for Seattle always reminds me of Tarkenton. A gifted runner who has an instinct for buying time and throwing before running ... will he stay with the Seahawks ?
I have felt that Russell is the second coming of Sir Francis since I first saw him play. Doug Flutie was also the same type of player. They were all geniuses on the field with an innate understanding of the game.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:will he stay with the Seahawks ?
That's one of the questions that Seahawks fans are wondering. Personally, I'll be shocked if Pete Carroll, John Schneider, and Russell Wilson are all still with the Seahawks at the start of next season. I really do think that at least one of those three will be gone but at this point I wouldn't be able to tell you which one.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

People have laughed at the possibility of Wilson going to the Giants or Bears but Wilson might like the idea of rebuilding a winner somewhere else. Only Norm Van Brocklin and Peyton Manning have won seperate team championships and the Giants have the talent he could seriously contemplate. The Bears defense might thrive with his approach to games but has Russell lost a step ?
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Brian wolf wrote:People have laughed at the possibility of Wilson going to the Giants or Bears but Wilson might like the idea of rebuilding a winner somewhere else. Only Norm Van Brocklin and Peyton Manning have won seperate team championships and the Giants have the talent he could seriously contemplate. The Bears defense might thrive with his approach to games but has Russell lost a step ?
Tobin Rote won both an NFL championship and an AFL championship.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:People have laughed at the possibility of Wilson going to the Giants or Bears but Wilson might like the idea of rebuilding a winner somewhere else. Only Norm Van Brocklin and Peyton Manning have won seperate team championships and the Giants have the talent he could seriously contemplate. The Bears defense might thrive with his approach to games
Word up here is that the three teams Russell submitted as teams he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause for are the Giants, the Saints, and the Broncos. If it were up to me I'd try to find a way to send him to Houston.
Brian wolf wrote:but has Russell lost a step ?
He may have. I think all the hits and sacks he's taken over the years have taken a toll. He's not the type to call people out publicly but word coming out last year about him being frustrated with the situation in Seattle doesn't surprise me in the least. Watching him lately I really do believe that he's become rather skittish in the pocket (somewhat like what happened to Jim Zorn before he was replaced by Dave Krieg).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre right Ralph, I was just talking about within the NFL.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Only Norm Van Brocklin and Peyton Manning have won seperate team championships
Tom Brady