Antonio Brown

JeffreyMiller

Re: Antonio Brown

Post by JeffreyMiller »

There seems to be alot of arm chair diagnosing going on here. While its very possible Brown might be suffering from an actual TBI, its also possible he's just a jerk. I hope for the sake of his long term well being that it's the latter, but if it's the former, he should never play again as it would only cause further deterioration of his mental functioning.
Whatever it is it's unfortunate because he has put up HOF numbers. We can only hope this latest incident doesnt keep him out.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
JWL

Antonio Brown shirtless in the end zone

Post by JWL »

Bruce Arians did not want to talk to the media about why this occurred. We have heard Brown did not want to go back into the game, so he left. Yeah, okay. But what lead up to that? Bryce Hall is a young, rising cornerback on the Jets. Brown made Hall look silly on a route in the first half but was largely quiet. We saw Buccaneers linemen getting frustrated with the Jets and getting themselves flagged for conduct. Was Hall or Brandin Echols (another good young CB) frustrating Brown just like the Jets defensive linemen were frustrating the Buccaneers offensive linemen?

Something happened in the 3rd quarter. I will look at the All-22 and try to figure it out. Did Brown give up on a run play? Did he not run a route? Did a coach yell at him for making a mistake and that set him off?

I understand Brown may have lost some marbles from that vicious hit he took from Vontaze Burfict in the infamous Steelers-Bengals prison riot playoff game from a half decade ago. Fine. Some people may not want to poke fun at him. I would think most people do not make fun of mentally deranged people. Well, has Brown been diagnosed as deranged or is he just a jerk? It probably would not make his top five of worst trangressions but Brown was in trouble once for a moving violation while operating a motor vehicle. If he were to crash into a loved one and cause death, I would not say, "Oh, well, that's okay. He is deranged."

He is a jerk. He does jerk things. Last week he got mad at a reporter when she asked him about his faking of a vaccine card. He said the media wants to make drama. That was rich coming from him.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good views, as usual Zero26 but the hit Brown took from Burfict was nothing new to Stallworth and Swann, who started their careers in the dead ball era. Teams wanted to use Swann's head like a beachball but he still came through in the clutch with championships while making breathtaking catches, while Stallworth could just glide-after-the-catch right into the endzone and this coming from a Cowboys fan, who had to painfully watch.

Brown has talent and stats in spades but for me, the best players of all time try to get the most out of their potential and ability until theyre injured or retired. These players arent interested in mentally bailing on numerous opportunities handed to them.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

There will hopefully be more info about what happened coming out. When I read about Arians saying that Brown wouldn't go back into the game, my first question was, "Why?" Because typically a player is going to want to be in the game. Did he have an injury that we don't know about? What was Arians asking him to do that would make him not want to go into the game?

If he is suffering from some sort of mental issue - football-related or not- he wouldn't be the first person even this season who needed help. Calvin Ridley left midseason, not during a game, but he left his team. Then, of course, Simone Biles in the Olympics. We only know we can see, so who knows what's really going on in Antonio Brown's life and in his head, or on the Buccaneers for that matter.

Not questioning his talents, but statistically, he was in the Top 10 in receiving yardage for 5 seasons. Is that enough for the HOF? Not always. So, while he certainly was a HOF talent, careerwise in stats, he's very comparable to Chad Johnson. Terrell Owens was productive for a lot longer than both of them. Brandon Marshall is another guy, who, career totals-wise, is on par with Brown.

So, is Johnson a lock for the HOF? No. Marshall? No. Is Brown? Well, there was a time that Brown seemed like the biggest deep threat in pro football and looked like one of the greatest receivers to come around in a while. No question he was unbelievable for 5-6 years. A lot of receivers have been, however. Again, he is a HOF talent for sure, does he have the stats to match over the course of his career? You look at guys like Henry Ellard, Steve Smith -- I don't know. There are a lot of players who have similar career numbers that apparently aren't HOF locks.

I'm not giving an opinion as to who I think should be in the Hall, but just thought all of this is worth noting.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

I do find it amusing that TO is upset about someone comparing Brown to him:

https://twitter.com/terrellowens/status ... 5082692613

TO is, I believe, the only living Hall of Famer not to take part in his own induction ceremony. :lol:
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

While I am thoroughly disgusted with this numbskull's abject immaturity right now, please let's not act as if what he's done is anywhere close to as bad as Tyrer or Sharper, either. He's a jerk, not a serial rapist or murderer. Despite my disappointment, I echo the sentiments of Brady and Arians. I can't help but feel some sympathy for Brown because it's obvious that he hasn't completely directed himself down the dark path he's following, and I hope he gets whatever help he needs, because the talent has clearly still been there when he's available and he has to start trying harder to preserve it. As for HOF, I think he's a guy who they might make wait a year or two in a vacuum, but would inevitably get in. However, his blatant disrespect for the game and his coaches, as others have mentioned, could lead to a much longer wait if he doesn't turn a new leaf.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Okay, so as guessed as a possibility before, Brown is now indeed saying that he was concerned about an injury; Arians is saying the injury wasn't the issue.

Here's the link to the story, via Yahoo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-antonio ... 53866.html
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Brown might be suspended rather than released to keep a playoff team from claiming him. Actually makes sense though it may send the wrong message to teammates.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JameisLoseston wrote:While I am thoroughly disgusted with this numbskull's abject immaturity right now, please let's not act as if what he's done is anywhere close to as bad as Tyrer or Sharper, either. He's a jerk, not a serial rapist or murderer.
There's this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown- ... er-trainer

Not to mention pleading no contest to felony burglary:

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/an ... ion-felony