Don't trust anybody

racepug

Don't trust anybody

Post by racepug »

I personally can't remember the last time that I thought the playoffs in the N.F.L. appeared to be so wide open. I don't fully trust any team to make it to the Super Bowl. Personally I don't think that any team from the A.F.C. North or East is good enough to make it to this year's S.B. nor do I think that any teams from either the N.F.C. West or East are. On the other hand I can't completely rule it out, either. Should be a fun, exciting, and (mostly) unpredictable playoffs this time!
ChrisBabcock

Re: Don't trust anybody

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The state of the AFC the last month or so reminds me of a WWE battle royal. Everyone beating the tar out of each other but you know eventually someone has to come out on top. :lol:
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

My brother pointed out that it seems like even the best teams have each had one inexplicable "What the hell's goin' on here" (Thanks Vince :lol: ) loss this season.
racepug

Post by racepug »

ChrisBabcock wrote:The state of the AFC the last month or so reminds me of a WWE battle royal. Everyone beating the tar out of each other but you know eventually someone has to come out on top. :lol:
I agree. The A.F.C. is nuts. I think the N.F.C. is a little more clear-cut this year. (I saw an interesting stat during last night's game: Green Bay [as I'm sure most of you know] was unbeaten at home in the playoffs through 2001. Since then, though, they're only 7 - 6 at home in the playoffs and twice during that time period they were the #1 seed and failed to make it to the S.B. [which helps explain why I don't fully "trust" the Packers in this year's playoffs, either])
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Last year: 7 AFC teams with 5 losses or fewer
This year: 2 such teams, both at 5 losses

Never see a conference just collapse that quickly before. Every single AFC playoff team has lost to some trash AFC team at some point, too.