HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Zero26

Re: HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Post by Zero26 »

No one's going to get exactly the 25 players they want but I think this is a fine list. I like that this allows us to see who is closest to the top of their process instead of just nominating someone and relying on rumors to figure out who came close like a papal election.

I'm very happy Otis Taylor and Jim Marshall made it. And Clayton might not be a HOF'er but it was bizzare someone with his numbers was never even getting mentioned just because he happened to play with Marino and had a good number 2 in Duper.

I know I was always the guy being hopeful they'd pick more pre 1960 players and while they've only got 3(Meador was drafted 1959 even if thats a trivial distinction) I don't hate this list. Hopefully there's more old timer nominees in the future.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Zero26 wrote:No one's going to get exactly the 25 players they want but I think this is a fine list. I like that this allows us to see who is closest to the top of their process instead of just nominating someone and relying on rumors to figure out who came close like a papal election.

I'm very happy Otis Taylor and Jim Marshall made it. And Clayton might not be a HOF'er but it was bizzare someone with his numbers was never even getting mentioned just because he happened to play with Marino and had a good number 2 in Duper.

I know I was always the guy being hopeful they'd pick more pre 1960 players and while they've only got 3(Meador was drafted 1959 even if thats a trivial distinction) I don't hate this list. Hopefully there's more old timer nominees in the future.

Valid Point Zero26 i agree 100%
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

No Larry Grantham either. Unreal.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

sluggermatt15 wrote:No Larry Grantham either. Unreal.
Agreed. Or Jim Tyrer
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Zero26 wrote:No one's going to get exactly the 25 players they want but I think this is a fine list. I like that this allows us to see who is closest to the top of their process instead of just nominating someone and relying on rumors to figure out who came close like a papal election.

I believe that Clayton and Duper mutually have camcelled each other for nominations for the HOVG, but among their contemporaries not in I believe Mike Quick, Roy Green and Gary Clark were better.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Jim Marshall was never a first-team All-Pro and went to the Pro Bowl only once.

Being good--even very good--for 20 years doesn't equate to greatness.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Due to the recent influx of safeties to the HOF ... Meador is the only one on this list.
Scott, Anderson, Grayson, Cromwell and Browner missed the cut ...
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

rhickok1109 wrote:Jim Marshall was never a first-team All-Pro and went to the Pro Bowl only once.

would you be in favor of L.C. Greenwood Instead?
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

rewing84 wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:Jim Marshall was never a first-team All-Pro and went to the Pro Bowl only once.

I'd be in favor of almost anybody instead. I don't think Greenwood's a particularly strong candidate but he's better than Marshall, IMO.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

rhickok1109 wrote:
rewing84 wrote:

I'd be in favor of almost anybody instead. I don't think Greenwood's a particularly strong candidate but he's better than Marshall, IMO.
I can respect that can you think of at least 3 you would want over marshall and ill contribute my 3