HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

TanksAndSpartans

Re: HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Brian wolf wrote:... hopefully
Someone on another board mentioned Marshall Goldberg getting this far and not getting in which I didn't know about. Did something change to make the players getting this far basically locks now?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:
Brian wolf wrote:... hopefully
Someone on another board mentioned Marshall Goldberg getting this far and not getting in which I didn't know about. Did something change to make the players getting this far basically locks now?
The fact that Marshall Goldberg got even that far was mind-blowing. This wasn't like Floyd Little sneaking in to an induction class one year because someone made a great presentation....they looked at hundreds of deserving Seniors candidates and the name they selected was Marshall Goldberg. Possibly the dumbest thing ever done by the HOF selection committee...not an exaggeration.
TanksAndSpartans

Bryan wrote:they looked at hundreds of deserving Seniors candidates
Reminds me of the recent non-HOF senior draft done by some historians. 35 players, the first of whom got in this year. No such luck for the other 34 though.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its pretty sad TanksAndSpartans ...

They got it right with Howley but failed too many other players. Will it get better next year or is the queue set for Kooch, Gradishar and Sharpe, who are deserving but way more modern ?
TanksAndSpartans

Brian wolf wrote:Its pretty sad TanksAndSpartans ...

They got it right with Howley but failed too many other players. Will it get better next year or is the queue set for Kooch, Gradishar and Sharpe, who are deserving but way more modern ?
I would say the latter. I'd actually be fine with those 3 given the direction they've taken, but maybe its Gradishar + 2 similar to this year. .333 is good in baseball, disappointing here. The other thing I started thinking was Isbell may have just been on the list to have one super senior, a "check the box" kind of thing. Glad we don't have to think about it for another year :D
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Haha ... I already am thinking about the next semifinalist list. With new modern candidates entering the senior abyss, not to mention these three nominees probably getting enshrined, I feel the semifinalist list for next year could possibly have between 3-7 new members but who might they be ?