HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Brian wolf

HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Post by Brian wolf »

Per predictions, the semifinalist list of 25 eligible seniors for possible HOF election are modern players after 1960.

Only Dilweg and Isbell amongst super-seniors ...
No Lewellen, Emerson, Christensen, Wistert, Benton or Brito ...

The full list of 25 ...

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Mark Clayton
Roger Craig
Lavvie Dilweg
Randy Gradishar
Lester Hayes
Chris Hinton
Chuck Howley
Cecil Isbell
Joe Jacoby
Billy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Joe Klecko
Bob Kuechenberg
George Kunz
Jim Marshall
Clay Matthews
Eddie Meador
Stanley Morgan
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Otis Taylor
Everson Walls
rewing84

Re: HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Post by rewing84 »

I have an idea on 6 of my 12 players other 6 im not too sure
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:Per predictions, the semifinalist list of 25 eligible seniors for possible HOF election are modern players after 1960.

Only Dilweg and Isbell amongst super-seniors ...
No Lewellen, Emerson, Christensen, Wistert, Benton or Brito ...

The full list of 25 ...

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Mark Clayton
Roger Craig
Lavvie Dilweg
Randy Gradishar
Lester Hayes
Chris Hinton
Chuck Howley
Cecil Isbell
Joe Jacoby
Billy Johnson
Mike Kenn
Joe Klecko
Bob Kuechenberg
George Kunz
Jim Marshall
Clay Matthews
Eddie Meador
Stanley Morgan
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Otis Taylor
Everson Walls
It's interesting how most of them are already in our HOVG, off the top of my head only Clayton, Hinton (second year eligible) and Matthews (first year eligible) are the only ones we have not voted them in.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Without Nat Moore running routes over the middle, Mark Clayton doesnt make this list. Another snub was Lemar Parrish who excelled as a corner and special teams. Riley beat him out. Isbell only played five seasons and Billy Johnson was the special teams ace on this list ahead of Timmy Brown, Abe Woodson, Parrish, Abner Haynes or Rick Upchurch ...
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

I was just saying on another board that no one ever talks about Clayton and Duper. Clayton over Billy Howton is pretty awful. If bachslunch was still around, he could probably rattle off 30+ WRs with better resumes than Clayton.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:I was just saying on another board that no one ever talks about Clayton and Duper. Clayton over Billy Howton is pretty awful. If bachslunch was still around, he could probably rattle off 30+ WRs with better resumes than Clayton.
i could list off a couple if you are interested
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

If youre out there Bachslunch or Rasputin, please chime in. How does Brito, Lewellen, Wistert or Patton get left out ? Those four guys had more All-Pro selections than many of these guys, COMBINED ...
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:Without Nat Moore running routes over the middle, Mark Clayton doesnt make this list. Another snub was Lemar Parrish who excelled as a corner and special teams. Riley beat him out. Isbell only played five seasons and Billy Johnson was the special teams ace on this list ahead of Timmy Brown, Abe Woodson, Parrish, Abner Haynes or Rick Upchurch ...
Also no Harold Jackson...How the 1970s top receiver in catches, yards and touchdowns, with three different teams in the decade and without and HOF QB is even considered is beyond me.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

No Del Shofner either, who had more All-Pro selections than Clayton, Duper, Jackson and Morgan combined !
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

Teo wrote:
Brian wolf wrote:Without Nat Moore running routes over the middle, Mark Clayton doesnt make this list. Another snub was Lemar Parrish who excelled as a corner and special teams. Riley beat him out. Isbell only played five seasons and Billy Johnson was the special teams ace on this list ahead of Timmy Brown, Abe Woodson, Parrish, Abner Haynes or Rick Upchurch ...
Also no Harold Jackson...How the 1970s top receiver in catches, yards and touchdowns, with three different teams in the decade and without and HOF QB is even considered is beyond me.
I've wondered for years why Harold Jackson never seems to get serious consideration. Is it he never played in a Super Bowl?