Top Ten plays for every franchise via NFL YouTube channel

Jay Z

Re: Top Ten plays for every franchise via NFL YouTube channe

Post by Jay Z »

Saw another list of Packers' top 25 plays. That list has 6 of these plays in its top 10. 1980 Marcol, 1966 McGee, and 2015 Rodgers to Cook are in the top 25. 2015 Rodgers to Janis doesn't make the top 25.

In this top 10 were a Super Bowl 45 pass on 3rd and 10 from Rodgers to Jennings with 6 minutes left (ultimately set up the final FG), Favre to Kitrick Taylor 1992, BJ Raji INT in 2010 NFC Championship, and Desmond Howard Super Bowl 31 KO return. I think the last two are decent choices. Favre to Kitrick Taylor isn't top 10, the first one probably doesn't make my top 25. The Robinson/Tom Brown INT at the end of the 1966 NFL Championship game doesn't make this Top 25. Majkowski to Sharpe 1989 against the Bears does.

One bizarre one for another team was the Dolphins. #10 is a 34 yard TD run Charlie Leigh had against the Colts in 1973. It's a great run, but the Dolphins were already ahead 37-0 at the time! Almost 1/10th of Leigh's career rushing yards. Some scrub time 4th quarter run should be replaced by something more significant, like Dick Anderson's TD return against the Colts in 1971 AFC Championship.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

With the Cowboys, two of the first that pop into my head are defensive Super Bowl plays: the knockdown of Jim Kelly in the Super Bowl -- I think it was Charles Haley. That was returned for a TD I think. And then the fumble returned for a TD in SB 13 -- Bradshaw fumbled and I think either Too Tall or Mike Hegman ran it back. It was a long time ago and I was a kid at the time. I'd have to look it up to be sure who was involved.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

Mark wrote:For Washington they lumped together Doug Williams 4 TDs vs the Broncos in the Super Bowl and the two Brunell to Moss TDs vs Dallas in 2005. Two TDs I would included over some that were shown was the Kilmer to Taylor pass in the 1972 NFC Championship and Ken Houston's goal line tackle on MNF the following year.
"Defining Moment"
The Kenny Houston play no doubt was a big one for the George Allen era. Beating Dallas at home. The wild 4th quarter. Tying TD with 3:39 left. The pic 6 to go ahead with 2:33 left. Forcing Dallas to punt but fumbling and loosing the return on their own 31 (info from the playbook found on this site)
I think this was the game where they put some green paint on the field because it looked like mud.

the only other one I can think of ushered in the Riggins/Gibbs era
Super Bowl 17 Riggo the Diesels 43 yard TD on 4th and 1 with 10 minutes left to put them up 20-16. 70 chip

Theismann knocking the ball away from Bokamper in that same Super Bowl was missing from the list. That's top 3 imo.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The missing Cowboy play was the 4th and 16 play, two plays prior to the Hail Mary in Minn ... Staubach throws high to the sideline, Drew Pearson jumps, snaring the pass while toeing the line and the referees rule the Viking's defender, forced him out of bounds ... I believe even if the defender hadnt touched him, Pearson would have gotten both feet down ...

One of the greatest catches in NFL History ...