Antonio Brown

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
sluggermatt15

Re: Antonio Brown

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Brown is drawing comparisons to Jerry Rice, the GOAT at WR. I think Brown is elected to the PF HOF. His numbers and awards are solid and he is one of the best WRs of the 2010s. Though, I agree he probably is not a first ballot HOFer but eventually he is in.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Working with Brady, keeping his antics to a minimum, scoring a sandlot-style TD in the SB and winning a ring with the Bucs should help AB's case even more. If Godwin were to leave the team, Brown ought to have another 1000 yard season in him, especially if Brady stays healthy ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

So where do you rank A.B. all time in terms of Steelers WRs?
paulksandiego

Post by paulksandiego »

racepug wrote:So where do you rank A.B. all time in terms of Steelers WRs?
First.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Top Steeler Receivers

1) Stallworth - production
2) Swann - talent
3) Ward - toughness
4) Brown - inflated numbers era
5) Nickel - split/tight end
6) Dial - craftiness
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

What I feel hurt Ward's numbers/production was he played when the Steelers were a run-first offense. If he played now, I think he would have at least a few thousand more receiving yards and more TDs.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Was looking for this thread, since John did it first.
Sorry guys, but AB wouldnt get a vote from me for the HOF.
Just to disrespectful to the game and his teammates, despite great numbers and a SB ...
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Like I pointed out on the Football Talk thread, I'll repeat it here for discussion.

Yes, for a period of time, Brown looked like one of the true greats. His career numbers are similar to Ochocinco and Brandon Marshall. Both are waiting for the HOF. Career totals, you could say that Steve Smith and Henry Ellard both have better numbers, and they're still waiting. So, is Brown a lock based on similar career totals? There are a lot of players in that 12,000 - 13,000 yard category.

Of course, you think AB you think TDs, and there are a lot of people in that 83 TD range -- Mark Clayton, Steve Smith, Marshall, Andre Rison. A few of those guys don't seem to have much of a chance.

Brown has the HOF 2010s and the OPOY, so that bumps him up. But one could also say that his career numbers aren't ultra-superior to guys who haven't gotten in yet and a few who seem to have remote possibilities.

Again, this isn't necessarily my opinion on Brown, but I do think it's interesting.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Rison and Brown's career are similar. Rock-solid with one particular team but once they went to other teams, their attitudes and production went down south but Rison helped the Packers get a SB, like Brown did with the Bucs. Despite moving around and being a team distraction, Rison still mentally strived to win and play to his ability. I felt Brown didnt quite do that ...
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Rison appears to have fallen into the "historically underrated" category. He really helped that Packer team and was, of course, outstanding for Atlanta.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael