PFHOF class of 2021

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Bryan

Re: PFHOF class of 2021

Post by Bryan »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:I noted all of Drew Pearson's great accomplishments and history in a previous post, so I won't take the time to type them out again. He's one of those no question he belongs in the HOF guys, and should have been inducted a long time ago. Again, my opinion, but he's got a long list of clutch TDs and historic moments.
I guess that's what is great about this forum; your opinion can be completely wrong and you can still post it! j/k
racepug

Re: PFHOF class of 2021

Post by racepug »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:Bill Walsh started his career 0-7. Lombardi had a 5-game losing streak his first season. Early Landry teams -- at least one lost 7 in a row. That's just off the top of my head. I know it's later in Flores' career, but the point is that probably more than one would think. Chuck Noll lost several in a row late in his career, might have been five or six -- I'm sure someone on the board can tell us.

Flores had a win % of over .600 with the Raiders, playing in a rough AFC West with Coryell, and he was 8-3 in the playoffs. Flores won 2 SBs, both over HOF coaches. He also beat Noll in the playoffs. A really good coach, I don't have a problem with him being in the HOF at all. That's my own opinion, however.
Eh. I think there are a LOT of former N.F.L. head coaches who deserved (and probably still deserve) consideration for the P.F.H.o.F. before Tom Flores did. Oh, well.