Bryant Young HoF

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Ness

Re: Bryant Young HoF

Post by Ness »

JohnTurney wrote:
Ness wrote: So that's another impasse for the both of us.
That is it is nothing more than a difference of opinion by several people who study this. Shouldn't have ever
been nasty, it's just differing views.
But people NEED to be right about something subjective lol.

Doesn't matter. Bryant Young is enshrined, and that's good enough for me. I'm done with this thread. Good luck John.
Hail Casares

Post by Hail Casares »

Reaser wrote:
Raiders version of McGlockton especially was good but -and not a stat guy so don't care to look it up but feel free to correct me if I'm off, doubt I am- he definitely played less seasons and games but I'd bet has at least double-digit more "stuffs" than Young, on the flip side has a lot less sacks but could get to the passer, better getting into passing lanes and disrupting the passing game, tipped balls and so on and for sure forced/caused/contributed to more turnovers/was better at getting the ball back for his offense than Young. Again, while playing in less games, his totals/or per season avg. on everything [meaningful stat wise] sans sacks would be higher. Yet, I've never seen anyone hype him up for the HOF. Unless I missed it? Though, could ask Mark Schlereth since he actually did play against McGlockton.
Chester was actually named on a list Schlereth made of toughest guys he played against. At least he actually played against Chester in games that had meaning....unlike Young.
Hail Casares

Post by Hail Casares »

Ness wrote:

Not really. He only crossed 1K and 6 touchdowns 4 times in 16 years.
Do you understand how math works? I said "during Reeds peak", not for his career, and I limited it to "pretty much a decade"

From 1988-1998 Reed averaged 948yards and 6 TD's per season.

If you get hyper limited to his PB seasons peak (88-94), it was 1,058 yards and 7TDs
Hail Casares

Post by Hail Casares »

Ness wrote:
Because you don't make the rules? I'm not obligated to share to the same hierarchy of value when it comes to accolades for players. It's subjective for every spectator.

Should Carnell Lake be a HOF'er? 5PBs, 1 AP, All 90s 2nd team. Pretty much the same as Young. Where is your and other's campaign for him?
Last edited by Hail Casares on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Casares

Post by Hail Casares »

JohnTurney wrote:Yes, and not in my mind.
Have to love when people just flatly ignore reality.