3 seniors per year from 2023-2025, 9 total

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: 3 seniors per year from 2023-2025, 9 total

Post by rewing84 »

im not totally convinced on gene brito just yet brian when there are other linebackers ahead of him Gradishar Nobis Howley Baughan Curtis and im not too sure hes the best redskins senior when you have guys like joe jacoby and gary clark
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre right Robert but Brito was a DE and has more All-Pro designations than many players.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I wouldnt put Nobis, Baughan or Curtis ahead of Brito
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Ok ill put Baughan ahead of Brito
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

rewing84 wrote:im not totally convinced on gene brito just yet brian when there are other linebackers ahead of him Gradishar Nobis Howley Baughan Curtis and im not too sure hes the best redskins senior when you have guys like joe jacoby and gary clark
There is a reason why Brito was elected to the HOVG well before Jacoby.

Gary Clark was nominated last year. If he was so outstanding, he would have been on the ballot.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I figured Eddie Kotal was already in the Hall of Fame.

Gary Clark -- I forgot about him when I typed my first response. I am an advocate for him getting in. Here's why -- the games I saw, he was always the guy making the key 3rd down catch in the third or fourth quarter. A great second-half player. Look, Art Monk is rightfully recognized as one of the greatest receivers of his generation. I think that's the reason why Clark gets overlooked. He's one of those guys that if you needed a play, he was someone you could count on to be sure-handed and make it. Now, I didn't live in the Washington market, so I only saw their national and playoff games, but that's my memory of Clark. Maybe fans in that area remember mistakes, but it seemed like that guy was money in the second half when Washington needed to extend the drive. At the time, he was very well-known to fans, it's not like he was an obscure player by any means, he was a star and I'd be happy to see him get in the HOF>
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:Great News Finally !!

Take the lead committees-voters, at least three super seniors in next three years ...

2023 Wishlist

Wistert
Howley
Gradishar

2024 Wishlist

Lewellen
Craig
Sharpe

2025 Wishlist

Dilweg
Brito
Smerlas
I would swap Craig & Dilweg, but I agree with most of this and the order as well.
Brian wolf wrote:With the HC/Contributor category combined, which makes sense, hopefully this is the year for Buddy Parker to get his due. Wouldnt surprise me if the HOF Board Of Owners, ... er Trustees, compromised in favor of seniors to ensure Robert Kraft or Art Modell get elected. We will see ...

Hopefully Jack Vainisi and Eddie Kotal will get long looks as well ...

2023 - 2025 Wishlist

Buddy Parker(HC)
Jack Vainisi (Personnel)
Eddie Kotal (Scouting)
These are all good picks. I don't think they really need anymore coaches or contributors...just finding 3 more is kind of stretching it. One guy who I always mention as a contributor is Pat Summerall...player, NFL Films Weekly review, announcer, TrueValue pitchman. All the bases are covered.
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

Positive changes. Share the same concerns others have highlighted about taking all decade teams as gospel and the normal voters having veto power over seniors. But it's a solid step in the right direction.

IMO there are many WR's more deserving of the HOF than Gary Clark from earlier eras. If they insist on a modern WR I would go with Sterling Sharpe and there would be several others before Gary Clark who IMO is a HOVG player. But WR has gotten a lot of love the last few years focus should move to other positions for a little bit. There are a lot of deserving WR's though.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Yeah, no question that Sterling Sharpe should go in before Gary Clark. Sharpe was clearly one of the best of his generation. Perhaps second only to Rice, as several of us have discussed in other posts.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Every team just about has multiple players that are deserving of election but the Packers seem to have some interesting cases ... Does Sharpe deserve to go in before Dilweg, Lewellen or Howton ?
Does Isbell and Dowler have more a chance being All-Decade, though both probably didnt deserve it ?
Then there are other borderline Packers like Gillingham, Dale and Forester