HOF web site

TanksAndSpartans

HOF web site

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

I guess its been a while since I was there, but its definitely different. I guess its "modern", but I liked it when it was simple and I could basically see everything about a player just by switching among a few tabs - I think there was a tab for stats, one for playoffs, maybe one other one. Now I find it disorienting with very large photos. Here is Nagurski for example: http://www.profootballhof.com/players/bronko-nagurski/. Maybe I'm just getting old.
paulksandiego

Re: HOF web site

Post by paulksandiego »

I agree, Tanks.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I noticed this a few months back and posted something similar here. I found it almost completely unnavigable. I think they have tweaked it slightly and so its a bit more browser-friendly than the original redesign from a few months back. But still, you're right, the new design is horrible. Its mainly geared toward handheld devices.
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Agreement on that-- if all I wanted to look at was random pages, it would be great. But if I want to QUICKLY find something specific, that was what the old version handled quite well.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I noticed this a few months back and posted something similar here. I found it almost completely unnavigable. I think they have tweaked it slightly and so its a bit more browser-friendly than the original redesign from a few months back. But still, you're right, the new design is horrible. Its mainly geared toward handheld devices.
It seems as though the focus is to imitate the sputterings of an old Edsel and fill space with as much junk as possible.
The following is today's offering - thoughtful, perhaps, for those who want to get their shopping done in time for Christmas. Fortunately, the below item is not limited to 1 per cutsomer. Hurry! while they last...

https://bay178.mail.live.com/?tid=cm6BM ... id=flinbox
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister