Gil Brandt selects Jerry Jones as his presenter to the PFHOF

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Gary Najman

Gil Brandt selects Jerry Jones as his presenter to the PFHOF

Post by Gary Najman »

Jones will be the oddiest presenter. He fired Brandt even before the 1989 season , locking his office and told the security guards not to let Gil in. Jones also said that no one benefited financially as Brandt during the Tex Schramm's era.

Thoughts?
JohnH19

Re: Gil Brandt selects Jerry Jones as his presenter to the P

Post by JohnH19 »

My first thought is that any logical presenters are no longer with us.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JohnH19 wrote:My first thought is that any logical presenters are no longer with us.
Brandt could have picked a player, like Staubach.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Teo wrote:Jones will be the oddiest presenter. He fired Brandt even before the 1989 season , locking his office and told the security guards not to let Gil in. Jones also said that no one benefited financially as Brandt during the Tex Schramm's era.

Thoughts?
Interesting. Well, with Jerry on board, maybe Jones with spring for a huge party...I doubt Brandt could afford a lavish one...

Brandt, even 20 years ago, was sometimes an impressive person to talk, sometimes not. He sure was a team guy, promoting his guys for the HOF. He'd also denigrate guys from other teams, sometimes even getting basic information wrong. Oh well, glad the contributor category is full or owners who cheated and a couple of execs with mixed records.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

What do we think Robert Kraft recent troubles do for his potential candidacy in the future. One would have to assume that absent that he would be up fairly soon.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
JohnH19 wrote:My first thought is that any logical presenters are no longer with us.
Brandt could have picked a player, like Staubach.
I can't help but think of the 1971 Duane Thomas Imbroglio. Thomas called Tom Landry, "plastic man," Tex Schramm was "deceitful, demented, totally dishonest," And Thomas called Brandt "a liar." Schramm said: "Well, he got two out of three right."

Brandt might have difficulty getting a player to present him, although Roger Staubach probably would have if asked.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

NWebster wrote:What do we think Robert Kraft recent troubles do for his potential candidacy in the future. One would have to assume that absent that he would be up fairly soon.
it's a black eye for the league at the moment, but will be forgiven/forgotten fairly quickly. Though I mean for a guy of his standing, it's not so hard to cover your tracks and make sure something like this never slips out.