Who is on your NFL broadcast “dream team?”

RyanChristiansen

Who is on your NFL broadcast “dream team?”

Post by RyanChristiansen »

I just watched Bill Belichick analyze film on the NFL 100 All-Time Team show on NFL Network and it got me thinking: Who would I want to do my MNF/SNF/TNF broadcasts? For me it would be

Kevin Harlan - play-by-play (for his gravelly voice and excitement)
Bill Belichick and Peyton Manning - color analysts (do I need to explain?)
Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci - sideline reporters (working together for light takes on the game)
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
ChrisBabcock

Re: Who is on your NFL broadcast “dream team?”

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Oh please not Deion Sanders. :). I've always thought Al Michaels called a great game. Not a fan of Collinsworth though.
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Oh please not Deion Sanders. :). I've always thought Al Michaels called a great game. Not a fan of Collinsworth though.
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel Collinsworth over-scrutinizes every single big or exciting play. You’re caught up in the moment and then when they show the replay it’s “Let’s see, does he get both feet down...? Was his forearm down...? Watch the ball, does he get both hands under it or does it touch the ground first...?” With him I feel like we’re always in the lab, dissecting plays to make sure the call was absolutely correct. Not that I don’t care about the calls being correct, but he’s kind of a buzzkill.
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

Dick Enberg, Troy Aikman & Pam Oliver / Michele Tayfoya my Dream Team........just saying I like them there are others that I'm sure other like.

Al Michaels, John Madden close second, very close.

Make them stop team Gus Johnson ( believes his own hype and over does it), Chris Collinsworth (remarkably uses remarkable constantly) & Tony Saragusa
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

Make them stop team? How about Howard Cosell, Dennis Miller, and Tony Kornheiser?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

bachslunch wrote:Make them stop team? How about Howard Cosell, Dennis Miller, and Tony Kornheiser?
I for one liked Cosell, and I thought Dennis Miller was better than expected, and was a much better choice than many who were publicly lobbying for the spot such as Regis Philbin, and if they had to hire somebody from SNL to be a Monday Night analyst, I think they could have done a whole lot worse.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I opt for complete silence. The only time I turn on the sound is when the officials are discussing something.
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

My make them stop team includes John Madden, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. Madden was a completely insufferable self-parody by the end. He played himself rather than being himself. As for Greenberg and Golic, they must have the goat pictures. The mere image of Greenberg makes me want to wring his neck, and I know I'm not alone on that front.
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

My make them stop team includes John Madden, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. Madden was a completely insufferable self-parody by the end. He played himself rather than being himself. As for Greenberg and Golic, they must have the goat pictures. The mere image of Greenberg makes me want to wring his neck, and I know I'm not alone on that front.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Shipley wrote:My make them stop team includes John Madden, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. Madden was a completely insufferable self-parody by the end. He played himself rather than being himself. As for Greenberg and Golic, they must have the goat pictures. The mere image of Greenberg makes me want to wring his neck, and I know I'm not alone on that front.
Greenberg is an extremely whiny and annoying man. That said, I did watch his morning show on espn2 for several years. I liked starting my day with light-hearted stuff on television. Once DirecTV gave me channel 221, I have switched to the Boomer & Gio show. That happened right around the time Greenberg was moved to another show which I have not watched even one time.