Rams' relocation lawsuit settled with St. Louis

Ronfitch

Rams' relocation lawsuit settled with St. Louis

Post by Ronfitch »

"Lawyers have struck a deal to settle the four-year-old Rams relocation lawsuit for $790 million, sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday.

By mid-morning, lawyers were working to notify all NFL owners. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell approved the settlement before noon. The settlement ends the lawsuit. The league will pay the money within a month, and will determine internally how much will be shouldered by Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke, and how much by the league and owners."

and

"The settlement does not include an expansion football team for St. Louis, a source said. "

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/footbal ... 62d03.html
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Brian wolf

Re: Rams' relocation lawsuit settled with St. Louis

Post by Brian wolf »

Now to support the Rams, the Vegas-Networks-League will probably give them the Super Bowl ... haha
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

"The league will pay the money within a month...."

Could Joe Carr or Bert Bell ever have imagined the day where the NFL would be in a position to shell out $790 million in a month, like it was just December's car payment?

Amazing. Also makes me think that the Players Assn. settled for too little when it came to providing for all those old-timers (and future players) who are battling or will battle CTE. When it comes to monoliths like the NFL, the money's always there---it's just a matter of prying it loose.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Great call Richard, while the vultures, I mean lawyers, will get their huge chunk as well.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Fat vultures indeed ... the law firm representing St. Louis will get about 277 million in fees-costs ... Wow
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

RichardBak wrote:
Could Joe Carr or Bert Bell ever have imagined the day where the NFL would be in a position to shell out $790 million in a month, like it was just December's car payment?
I bet they could have if they could have envisioned a society where everyone had access to as many games as they wanted in their house all with quality so good you could see the blades of grass on the field.