Obscure trivia

CSKreager

Re: Obscure trivia

Post by CSKreager »

This was the only NFL team since the merger to have an undefeated home record and miss the playoffs
PA Wingman

Post by PA Wingman »

1967 Baltimore Colts
Mark

Post by Mark »

CSKreager wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:24 am This was the only NFL team since the merger to have an undefeated home record and miss the playoffs
1981 Denver Broncos
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Here I thought it might be the Broncos team that went 11-5 and missed the playoffs in 1985, but I see that they lost to the Dolphins at home.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Mark

Post by Mark »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:54 pm Here I thought it might be the Broncos team that went 11-5 and missed the playoffs in 1985, but I see that they lost to the Dolphins at home.
I remembered them being swept by the Raiders with both games in OT so I knew it wasn't them. I figured most likely it was the Seahawks, Chiefs, or Broncos.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

CSKreager wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:16 pm
JohnH19 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:09 pm
CSKreager wrote:This team had the NFC's #1 offense and beat 4 playoff teams but still missed the playoffs because they lost to 3 last place squads. Name the team.

The ‘03 Vikings.
Wrong

2002 Saints.
Seven months later lol.

Actually not wrong.
The Vikings had the NFL’s #1 offense.
They beat four playoff teams; the Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks and Broncos.
They lost to three last place teams; the Giants, Chargers and Cardinals.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

I was the number one draft choice for the same team two years in a row. The first time I was drafted, I was a junior and not eligible. The next year that same team drafted me but I never wanted to play in the NFL and didn't.

What's more amazing is this wasn't done by Daniel Snyder
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Chris Burford? Even if it isnt right, his story is interesting. He didnt play for Paul Brown in Cleveland when drafted and didnt sign with Paul Brown in Cincinatti from an expansion list. Chose to retire instead. His body may have been beaten up but I always wondered if he could have been a fan favorite in Nippert Stadium ?
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

Sonny9 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 am I was the number one draft choice for the same team two years in a row. The first time I was drafted, I was a junior and not eligible. The next year that same team drafted me but I never wanted to play in the NFL and didn't.

What's more amazing is this wasn't done by Daniel Snyder
I won't give this away for anybody else, but I'll say the only reason I know the answer is that it's mentioned in the Pro Football Chronicle.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Cal Rossi by GPM

I saw this mentioned in the Pro Football Hall of Shame book. Great source material surprisingly.