Hail Casares

Aaron Donald Retires

Post by Hail Casares »

News just broke.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: Aaron Donald Retires

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

First ballot HOF.

Alan Page and Joe Greene are the only two DT that I've seen that compare. I'm not quite old enough to remember Bob Lilly. But Donald is one of those guys who is one of the greats at his position.

The Packers beat the Rams in the playoffs the year before the Rams won the Super Bowl. Had Donald played that entire game and not been hampered by injuries, I always thought the Rams would have won that game and had a real chance against Tampa if he were healthy.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Wow ... I didnt think he would do it, especially with a talented teammate beside him in Kobie Turner. I seriously thought he would challenge Page's total of 148 sacks. Definitely first ballot but I still think Page was the best pass rusher at tackle. Lilly I believe, is the best overall ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Bad news for the Rams. GREAT news for O-linemen and QBs throughout the league. I'm not gonna lie and say that I've seen and evaluated every single D-lineman who's ever played in the N.F.L. but after watching Aaron Donald over the last decade I can't imagine that there's ever been a better defensive lineman than him. He's been absolutely incredible.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Maybe if the Rams offer him 70 million for two years, he may hold off on the paperwork?
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Absolute first ballot HOF'er and a dominant force. His ability to shed a tackle and just appear out of a mass of bodies at the line and rocket towards a QB was something else.

He could go from being engaged in a block to engulfing a QB 7 yards away in seemingly less than half a second.
racepug

Post by racepug »

sheajets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:33 pm Absolute first ballot HOF'er and a dominant force. His ability to shed a tackle and just appear out of a mass of bodies at the line and rocket towards a QB was something else.

He could go from being engaged in a block to engulfing a QB 7 yards away in seemingly less than half a second.
Yup. His ability to seemingly glide by big men who were paid big bucks to stop guys like him never ceased to amaze me. He's going to be a tough one to top.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

To be honest, I thought Donald was too small to be an All-Pro when he first came into the league, yet I didnt realize his work ethic and leverage that made him come after QBs like Rhino from the Spider-Man comics ... legendary burst into the backfield.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

First ballot, no doubt.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

sheajets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:33 pm Absolute first ballot HOF'er and a dominant force. His ability to shed a tackle and just appear out of a mass of bodies at the line and rocket towards a QB was something else.

^^^ I actually LOLed at all of the above. :) Only because it is 100% accurate. One of the all time greats for sure.