Warren Sapp arrested

oldecapecod11

Warren Sapp arrested

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Ex-NFL star Warren Sapp arrested in Phoenix
Feb 2nd 2015 5:14PM
PHOENIX (AP) - Former NFL lineman and Hall of Famer Warren Sapp was arrested Monday on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute and allegedly assaulting two women, Phoenix police said.
-----
Don't fret fans. They are only misdemeanors...
-----
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/02/w ... /21138181/
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JohnH19

Re: Warren Sapp arrested

Post by JohnH19 »

Shocking. :roll:
superbowlfanatic

Post by superbowlfanatic »

I have met him on three separate occasions. He is not a nice person. Not surprised about this.
JoeZagorski

Post by JoeZagorski »

He seems like a nice guy. He might have been framed. He was a great defensive lineman, no question about that. I enjoyed watching him on the NFL Network. I just wish that Hall of Famers would go out of their way to stay out of trouble. That HOF standard is much revered by kids. I'm sure that quite a few HOFers don't want any stains on their busts in Canton. That's my two cents worth, adjusted for inflation (no pun intended to Bill Belichick).
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Joe Zagorski wrote:He seems like a nice guy. He might have been framed. He was a great defensive lineman, no question about that. I enjoyed watching him on the NFL Network. I just wish that Hall of Famers would go out of their way to stay out of trouble. That HOF standard is much revered by kids. I'm sure that quite a few HOFers don't want any stains on their busts in Canton. That's my two cents worth, adjusted for inflation (no pun intended to Bill Belichick).
Joe, they go out of their way to get INTO trouble. It's easy to stay out of trouble.

Sapp is a moron who has made bad decisions in the past.
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

Joe Zagorski wrote:I'm sure that quite a few HOFers don't want any stains on their busts in Canton.
Pretty sure that the stains he had in mind were to remain in Arizona....
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I remember a couple years back he hit a woman (might have been a girlfriend) which if memory serves got him booted from his gig on Inside the NFL.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

ORLANDO—Warren Sapp made $82,185,056 in his NFL career. He ended up with $826.04 in his bank account.
(interesting piece by The Sporting News from November 2012):

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... letes-list
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Retro Rider wrote:ORLANDO—Warren Sapp made $82,185,056 in his NFL career. He ended up with $826.04 in his bank account.
(interesting piece by The Sporting News from November 2012):

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... letes-list
If you haven't seen it, I suggest you seek out the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary Broke, which features interviews with athletes who made millions upon millions of dollars and wound up broke. Perhaps the worst case was that of Vince Young, who burned thru a 30 million dollars after taxes from his Titans rookie contract in five years, and included trips to chain restlaurants like Applebees with his buddies that ran four or five thousand dollars in a single night. It is available for free on the youtube thingy, and I was most impressed with Herman Edwards, who lectures the incoming rookies to just buy one house and one car and one piece of jewelry, and learn to invest the rest of it. After watching that, I can understand how Warren Sapp wound up with nothing.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

Rupert Patrick wrote:If you haven't seen it, I suggest you seek out the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary Broke, which features interviews with athletes who made millions upon millions of dollars and wound up broke. Perhaps the worst case was that of Vince Young, who burned thru a 30 million dollars after taxes from his Titans rookie contract in five years, and included trips to chain restlaurants like Applebees with his buddies that ran four or five thousand dollars in a single night. It is available for free on the youtube thingy, and I was most impressed with Herman Edwards, who lectures the incoming rookies to just buy one house and one car and one piece of jewelry, and learn to invest the rest of it. After watching that, I can understand how Warren Sapp wound up with nothing.
Thanks Rupert, I will check out that program. A friend of mine who has seen it mentioned that Bernie Kosar's problems were chronicled as well.