Skip Thomas......

DukeSlater

Re: Skip Thomas......

Post by DukeSlater »

Reaser wrote:
Versatile John wrote:That 2004 Oregon State team played USC really tough in Corvallis. (That place has been like the Devil's Triangle down through the years for USC.)
2000 was the start of destroying USC's season, which led to a dynasty.

Reser Stadium is great. I've thrown and ran for TD's on that field (camp, 4 years 1998-2001)
Do you mean the 2008 season? That was the game that Jacquizz Rodgers ran for about 187 yards as a true frosh running back.

The defense played MUCH better in the second half, but Mark Sanchez and the offense could not make enough plays.

That was the game Clay Matthews, III came in for soph. Everson Griffen as a starter. CMIII started playing better and the entire defense that night, and Griffen was benched due to the success of James Rodgers on the fly sweep (among other things).
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Versatile John wrote:
Reaser wrote:2000 was the start of destroying USC's season, which led to a dynasty.
Do you mean the 2008 season?
No, I meant 2000. USC had a lot of hype, had beat Penn State in the KOC, were ranked in the Top 10, had beat OSU 26 straight times, etc ... Then went into Corvallis and it all fell apart. That loss was the start of a disaster season that led to Paul Hackett getting fired, which in turn brought Pete Carroll (not their first choice) to USC - hence led to a dynasty. All goes back to that first loss against Oregon State.
DukeSlater

Post by DukeSlater »

OK. I just did not follow you.

Getting rid of Paul Hackett as a head coach is the beginning of a dynasty in itself.