A Convivial Suggestion for Jerry Jones: Re-serif the Cowboys

JohnTurney

A Convivial Suggestion for Jerry Jones: Re-serif the Cowboys

Post by JohnTurney »

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/ ... jones.html

Sunday, February 28, 2016
A Convivial Suggestion for Jerry Jones: Re-serif the Cowboys Uniform Numerals.
LOOKING AHEAD
By John Turney
Reaser

Re: A Convivial Suggestion for Jerry Jones: Re-serif the Cow

Post by Reaser »

When the Bucs came out with their digital clock like numbers I said it was unfortunate that's the type of changes we can look forward to 'today', as opposed to the classics, such as the Cowboys.

Would look great but even if they did do this I have a feeling NIKE would still screw it up in someway.
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

Why wasn't the font change in 94-95 not mentioned? It wasn't as major as the 81-82 change but it did happen.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

MatthewToy wrote:Why wasn't the font change in 94-95 not mentioned? It wasn't as major as the 81-82 change but it did happen.
For one, there are many more informed uniform people out there than me, but this was a short piece about how I liked the old numbers. I guess I could add it in, if you like. To me, it was still the thick numbers.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I think the pants are of equal importance when talking about the Cowboys uniforms. The solid gray look in the 70's was great...then they turned into some ghastly shade that looks as if the Cowboys pants were put in the same wash as the Miami Dolphins uniforms.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Bryan wrote:I think the pants are of equal importance when talking about the Cowboys uniforms. The solid gray look in the 70's was great...then they turned into some ghastly shade that looks as if the Cowboys pants were put in the same wash as the Miami Dolphins uniforms.

yeah, they look greenish

http://www.dallasobserver.com/blogs/dal ... ms-7098065
slats7

Post by slats7 »

Bryan wrote:I think the pants are of equal importance when talking about the Cowboys uniforms. The solid gray look in the 70's was great...then they turned into some ghastly shade that looks as if the Cowboys pants were put in the same wash as the Miami Dolphins uniforms.
agreed. as much as I'd love for serif fonts to make a comeback, the seafoam green pants are the greater travesty. aside from the helmet, they just don't look like the Cowboys anymore. please return to the metallic blue from the 1960s ..

or the 1976-77 seasons, when they were the perfect blend of grayish blue:

not all progress is "good"

JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

slats7 wrote:

What year did those pants change to the greenish hue?
slats7

Post by slats7 »

JohnTurney wrote:
slats7 wrote:

What year did those pants change to the greenish hue?
1986, when the thick bulky numbers debuted. however, some years were more green or less green depending on who the uni manufacturer was. for instance, they were less green in 1993-4 when Apex was making them.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/

posted on pants and Raiders black and gold days