Al Wistert has just died

oldecapecod11

Re: Al Wistert has just died

Post by oldecapecod11 »

It was Banks' speed - sideline-to-sideline - that enabled Taylor to free-lance as he did.
Often Harry had to change direction to cover the area that Banks left to cover the area Taylor left
and sometimes his hits were not as solid as they otherwise might have been.
Though Taylor put extreme pressure on the opposition, he put a different pressure on his two partners.
Although it is not a Canton quality, Carson's locker room leadership was a great asset to the Giants.
This was especially true with rookies when he would "explain" things and leave Parcells to other matters.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Gary Najman

Re: Al Wistert has just died

Post by Gary Najman »

Joe Zagorski wrote:Johnny Robinson DEFINITELY belongs in the HOF. Consequently, Harry Carson does not. Prior to Lawrence Taylor suiting up for the NYG, Carson was mediocre at best. I've been watching films of Carson during the entire latter half of the decade of the 1970s, and believe me, one thing that he was very good at was allowing a wide variety of running backs to break his tackles.

Just my two cents worth, adjusted for inflation.

Joe Zagorski
What do you think of Brian Kelley and Brad Van Pelt? IMO they were good LB before LT and in his first three seasons with the Giants.