XFL return?

John Grasso

XFL return?

Post by John Grasso »

ChrisBabcock

Re: XFL return?

Post by ChrisBabcock »

oh good heavens I hope not. Unless they "normalize" some of the bizarro rules they had the first time around.
Last edited by ChrisBabcock on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Grasso

Post by John Grasso »

How about they play with no challenges and no replay.
L.C. Greenwood

Post by L.C. Greenwood »

John Grasso wrote:Anyone know any more about this?
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/will ... he-rumors/

There is an opportunity for another league, but don't know if Vince McMahon is the right person to lead the effort. One of the mistakes of the XFL was the failure to develop the quality of play, and trying to turn it into the WWE. I could see the NFL launching a preemptive strike, and starting a development league of their own.

Since football is a voluntarily activity, I've never had a problem with the inherent violence of the sport. I do feel we're approaching a tipping point where more potential rules changes will turn off even more fans, as we get closer to diluting the product. There are plenty of open markets which would crave pro football in more of a throwback style. San Antonio, Birmingham, and Orlando, are just a few cities which come to mind.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

McMahon is a brazen, opportunistic huckster. He thinks he sees a vulnerable league and wants to take advantage of it. He's really the wrong guy to do it. Even as the NFL sorts its issues out, they will crush whatever 3rd rate WWF circus league he puts out there like a bug
single wing

Post by single wing »

Yes it appears to be true. McMahon has filed for a URFL name. Also put up $100 million from sale of WWE stock. Various sources indicate announcement in late January of formation of the United R? Football League. Would love to see a new spring league but suspect McMahon wants to go head to head with NFLin the fall . Secondly, think McMahon is the wrong guy to head it. All that wrestling acting doesn't work in football.
single wing

Post by single wing »

I am hearing its going to be the UrFL
Play on
Your Football League.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Without a major TV contract, the league is destined to failure.

Last time, they got lucky NBC broadcasted their games on Saturday Nights.
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

single wing wrote:I am hearing its going to be the UrFL
Play on
Your Football League.
Because without u-r-f-l, you can't spell "failure"!
MarbleEye

Post by MarbleEye »

single wing wrote:I am hearing its going to be the UrFL
Play on "Your Football League".
Another league aimed at low brow illiterates has no chance of success. "UrFL" makes me want to throw up. It wont be long before some media type refers to it as the "Urinal Football League" as McMahon is about to flush a lot of money down the toilet once again. He needs to ditch the gimmicky name and all the other gimmicks racing through his mind and just play the best football his money will allow him to put on the field. That's attraction enough, to me anyway.