USFL 1985 help

lietzaro24

USFL 1985 help

Post by lietzaro24 »

I've been working on putting the 1985 USFL season together for quite a while now and I'm looking for some help in order to finish up the project as much as possible. I am in need of some information, if anyone has anything that would be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it...

I need final (or individual game) defensive stats for Birmingham, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Orlando, Arizona, Houston, Portland and San Antonio. I already have the stats the I need for the remaining 6 teams. I have been working on participation and starters for the whole league and have finished up with very close to 100% accuracy for Oakland, Tampa Bay, Orlando and New Jersey. I have gone as far as I can go with Arizona. Their local newspaper coverage wasn't the greatest in the second half of the season. The rest of the league really doesn't have local newspaper coverage available on newspapers.com. I have completed participation and starting lineups for the teams involved in the 70-ish games that were on YouTube and gone through all of The Sporting News Registers transactions for guys who played in the NFL after the USFL disbanded after the '85 season. I have all of TSN's published box scores as well as every Baltimore, Orlando, Tampa Bay and Arizona box score from their local paper. I have Oakland and New Jersey completely covered so I don't need any help with them. I'm only missing a miniscule amount of information on Memphis (mainly from their week 6 game against Tampa Bay) but do have their final defensive stats so I really don't need much help there either. I'd be looking for gamebooks, flip cards or any relevant local coverage on the other 8 teams. If you have any information at all, would like to help out and follow along with my project please let me know. My spreadsheet still needs most teams offensive stats entered but that information is available online on a few websites so I'm not too worried about it at the moment.

Thank you everyone,
Rob
GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: USFL 1985 help

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Stats crew might have some of what you're looking for, also USFLsite.com, if you haven't tried those already.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael