2023 Predictions

JuggernautJ

Re: 2023 Predictions

Post by JuggernautJ »

lastcat3 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:17 pm All these quarterbacks wanting to make upteen billion dollars a year better hope the 49ers never go on a run of Super Bowl victories. If they do the whole idea of how to build a championship team may change. It may become more common place to spend less on your quarterback and more on your overall roster.
????
That's exactly what has been happening the last several years...
(and seems to be de rigueur for the running back position)
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

And just like that the Jets have likely lost Rodgers for the season with an achilles injury

and they changed the turf at metlife...and this happens. Their entire season down the tubes in 4 plays

This is just beyond belief depressing. Another massive catastrophic injury. It's like direct godly intervention to harm the Jets. Trying to get up and excited about a season only to have it immediately derailed in this fashion. The NFL is becoming a difficult league to trust
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Talk about Hard Knocks for the Jets, we will see how the MRI goes for Rodgers. I thought they would win already but despite a terrible game from Allen, he drives them down for the FG. Great games for Hall, Whitehead and now Gibson on the punt return TD!
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

sheajets wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:14 pm And just like that the Jets have likely lost Rodgers for the season with an achilles injury

and they changed the turf at metlife...and this happens. Their entire season down the tubes in 4 plays

This is just beyond belief depressing. Another massive catastrophic injury. It's like direct godly intervention to harm the Jets. Trying to get up and excited about a season only to have it immediately derailed in this fashion. The NFL is becoming a difficult league to trust
I feel for you.
An injury like this brings a fan from the heights of anticipation down to dreadful reality.
I hope the J E T S are able to salvage something of this season...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I truly felt the Jets would have sent Wilson to GB but now he has to take advantage of his second chance. You really cant blame the offensive line for the injury, Rodgers just got taken down awkwardly. The Rams I felt, shouldnt have gotten rid of Leornard Floyd. With him joining the Bills, the pass rush will be more formidable when Miller comes back ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

sheajets wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:14 pm And just like that the Jets have likely lost Rodgers for the season with an achilles injury

Did the N.Y. Jets make a deal with the Devil to win their one S.B.? Sheesh!
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

racepug wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:37 am

Did the N.Y. Jets make a deal with the Devil to win their one S.B.? Sheesh!
Believe so yes. The amount of people either on text messages or twitter posts that predicted an Achilles injury minutes before it happened really makes you wonder about life in general and how some people just know when calamity is going to hit. I myself texted my sister..."watch he blow out his achilles. God hates the Jets." And it happened. It's like he doesn't even hide his existence or his hatred
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

There was no deal made with the devil ... haha. The Jets were underestimated by the entire NFL. Had Joe not had miserable throwing days against Buffalo and Denver they could have been undefeated because they screwed up in the Heidi game. Those losses though, made the SB win more unbelievable to those who didnt follow their season closely.

The Jets have never had great ownership since their inception. Even Sonny Werblin had problems but promoted the team well.
He did his job bringing in NBC and helping force a merger. The ownership bowed down to the Mets far too often and never really could get the right management or coaching in place till Tuna.

They even gave up on Rex Ryan too soon but the NY media has no patience with anyone and ownership listens to them too much.

If people predicted injury to Rodgers, its because everyone remembers what happened to Vinny Testeverde in 1999.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Maybe this'll help you feel a little bit better about things: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/aaron-r ... 35715.html
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Brian wolf wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:55 am There was no deal made with the devil ... haha. The Jets were underestimated by the entire NFL. Had Joe not had miserable throwing days against Buffalo and Denver they could have been undefeated because they screwed up in the Heidi game. Those losses though, made the SB win more unbelievable to those who didnt follow their season closely.

The Jets have never had great ownership since their inception. Even Sonny Werblin had problems but promoted the team well.
He did his job bringing in NBC and helping force a merger. The ownership bowed down to the Mets far too often and never really could get the right management or coaching in place till Tuna.

They even gave up on Rex Ryan too soon but the NY media has no patience with anyone and ownership listens to them too much.

If people predicted injury to Rodgers, its because everyone remembers what happened to Vinny Testeverde in 1999.
Yea I thought so too on Ryan - I mean if you were gonna fire the guy at least bring in a quality experienced coach. And we got the horrific Bowles and Gase. Why fire Ryan for Bowles?

Rex Ryan getting the 2013 Jets to 8-8 somehow was very impressive. That was a bad team. Should've gone 4-12