Anybody ever hear of the Valley Forge Minute Men?

RichardBak

Anybody ever hear of the Valley Forge Minute Men?

Post by RichardBak »

A neighbor's friend said in passing that he had once played for the Valley Forge Minute Men, which I assume was a semipro team in eastern PA. Judging by his age I figured he played in the 1970s. Does anybody know anything about this team's existence, how successful they may have been, years they operated, etc.? I "did the Google" and could only come up with an amateur hockey program by that name. Thanks in advance!
GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: Anybody ever hear of the Valley Forge Minute Men?

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Maybe Valley Forge High School or College? My first guess was Continental League but no dice.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

The Valley Forge Minutemen went 0-6 in the Seaboard Football League in 1974, finishing last in a six-team league. Doesn't sound like they were losing squeakers, either; they scored 41 points and gave up 143.

I can't remember, but the Seaboard League might have gone on for another year or two, and if so the Minutemen could have continued -- though given their record, it's probably not likely that they had any kind of fan base after the 1974 season. Even if the league folded, some other league might have come along in the same region; in that case, it's at least possible that somebody revived the Valley Forge team and tried again. But 1974 is the only season I can vouch for.

Are you particularly in tracking down this guy? If you give me his name, I can see if I have him in my files.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Thank you Robert. I was just curious. Like a lot of guys on this board, I know zilch about semipro FB.

Happy Turkey Day!