Divisional Playoff Weekend

RichardBak

Re: Divisional Playoff Weekend

Post by RichardBak »

Mayfield and the Bucs hung in there. Hats off to them for not giving up. Never would've thought they'd get this far after that horrendous start to the season. And I think Mayfield's finally found a home.

I only wish my big brother Bob, who I'd normally be watching the games with, was still around to see all this---U-M national champs and the Lions one win from the Super Bowl, all in a span of a few days. I'd say he's rolling over in his grave but he was cremated, so maybe his urn fell off my niece's fireplace mantel. Anyway, I figure he's up there (I think/hope) enjoying some celebratory cold ones with Lou Creekmur and Jug Girard.

BTW--CBS screwed up when they were matching up cars with the Lions' 4 NFL titles. They had 1932 instead of 1935, and the club wasn't even in Detroit then. Some intern needs to get fired.

Looking for a great game @ SF next week!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good first half in Buffalo with the Bills defenders letting Kelce run right by them, which better get corrected or another shootout like 2021.

Bills running well, especially Allen who wants this game. Can Allen avoid turnovers though?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Great endzone catch to give Buffalo the lead. I thought the ball didnt break the plane at first ... Can Buffalo stop the Chiefs passing game?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Great game ... Diggs dropping that bomb was huge, though the Bills had their chance. I thought Buffalo would win it. Like Lafleur and SF, McDermott cant get by KC.
racepug

Post by racepug »

I feel a little bad for BUF but they're so injured. . .I think the Chiefs have the better chance of knocking the Ravens off next Sunday which I CERTAINLY hope they do.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Interesting stat ... in the last two playoff games against KC, Stefon Diggs ... 6 catches for 28 yrds and 0 TDs*. Not exactly primetime

*Edited ... I had to expound on Diggs in postseason. Counting both divisional games against KC and last years' divisional against Cincy, Diggs has 10 rec for 63 yrds 0 TDs. Should he be replaced in Buffalo? Do the Bills need a better second receiver than Gabe Davis, or was it simply defenses taking Diggs out of these games ?
Last edited by Brian wolf on Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

racepug wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:48 pm I feel a little bad for BUF but they're so injured. . .I think the Chiefs have the better chance of knocking the Ravens off next Sunday which I CERTAINLY hope they do.
THe Chiefs are going to have a tough time next week as the Ravens simply have a much better all around team. Chiefs fans need to enjoy this season though as I think this might be the last year they are serious contenders of making the Super Bowl. They havn't done a great job of replacing the stars they have lost and Chris Jones very likely will be playing with someone else next year and Kelce doesn't have many productive seasons left.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

KC Buffalo likely was the most exciting playoff game so far. I like both championship game matchups - I think they both could be great games. Curious to see how Goff does. Chiefs / Ravens could be a sensational game - a very good matchup.

Buffalo seems like the Red Sox of days gone by. Losing in very heartbreaking ways for the fans.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I loved the Bills comittment to the ground game but the defense as usual cant stop KC. The fumble, which was borderline itself, was the only way the Bills could stay in the game. Kudos to the Chiefs offensive line but Von Miller and Floyd never got to Mahomes.

Baltimore should get Andrews back and the Lions signed Zach Ertz. They should get Houston back as a pass rusher.

People laughed at me when I thought Tom Brady would come out of retirement for this season but Brock Purdy confirmed that had his elbow not healed the way it was supposed to or had a setback, the team was prepared to go after Tom Terrific ... Did Brady refuse?
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

The Chiefs are finally beginning to get Patriotized by other NFL fans in that there is now a general feeling that they've had enough prosperity, good fortune, and need to get knocked down a peg. Taylor Swift has at least something to do with it as the conspiracy theories start to spread that the NFL wants to ride this media wave and have that storybook moment after the Super Bowl, with the confetti coming down and Travis Kelce dropping to one knee ;)

I got nothing against KC so them winning doesn't stick in my craw like it did with New England.