Wards of the League (new book about the 1952 Dallas Texans)

fgoodwin

Wards of the League (new book about the 1952 Dallas Texans)

Post by fgoodwin »

Written by Mike Coburn, published by TCU Press

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555713849577
Throwin_Samoan

Re: Wards of the League (new book about the 1952 Dallas Texans)

Post by Throwin_Samoan »

Ooh, I like the idea of that.
mikecobern

Post by mikecobern »

By the way guys, thanks so much for this post.

Mike :D
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I spoke with Mike a few times while he was shopping for a publisher. He shared with me a lot about the story and his research. This book is an important one for anybody serious about the history of the league, as this is really the only material that I'm aware of that draws information about the 1952 Dallas Texans directly from the family who owned the team. Really looking forward to this coming out and thanks to Mike for all the work in pulling this book together. It is a much-needed piece in the NFL history library about a team that it's almost impossible to find reliable information about.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm looking forward to buying a copy. Love that era.
mikecobern

Post by mikecobern »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:33 am I spoke with Mike a few times while he was shopping for a publisher. He shared with me a lot about the story and his research. This book is an important one for anybody serious about the history of the league, as this is really the only material that I'm aware of that draws information about the 1952 Dallas Texans directly from the family who owned the team. Really looking forward to this coming out and thanks to Mike for all the work in pulling this book together. It is a much-needed piece in the NFL history library about a team that it's almost impossible to find reliable information about.
Just now seeing your post Jackson and thanks so much my good friend. We're cranking along and man I never knew how much work goes into getting a book out. I will never again take for granted the amount of energy that any book I pick up and read takes. I'll keep everyone posted as to the revisions and updates as the release date gets closer.