Mahomes, going into SBLVIII today, what HOF QBs has he already 'passed'??

racepug

Re: Mahomes, going into SBLVIII today, what HOF QBs has he already 'passed'??

Post by racepug »

lastcat3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:36 am
racepug wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:32 am Patrick Mahomes, now that he's engineered a couple of road playoff victories, has done just about everything that can be asked of of an N.F.L. QB. And pardon me if this has already been brought up (I'm a little upset that SFO lost tonight and as a result I didn't read this entire thread) but another thing to keep in mind is that as of right now Patrick Mahomes has lost only ONE playoff game to a team NOT QB'ed by Tom Brady (the conference championship game a couple of years ago to the Joe Burrow-led Bengals) which seems to speak well of P.M.'s chances of somebody actually passing Tom Brady for "Most Lombardi trophies won" by a single player. Certainly Patrick Mahomes is young enough and has enough football ahead of him to someday challenge TB12 on that count. We'll see!
We'll see. Chris Jones will likely be on a different team next year though and they will have trouble signing other guys in the following years also. I have a feeling this may have been the Chiefs last ride for awhile.
Frank Schwab (at Yahoo!) begs to differ: https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-next-for ... 04988.html
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

racepug wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:21 pm
lastcat3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:36 am
racepug wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:32 am Patrick Mahomes, now that he's engineered a couple of road playoff victories, has done just about everything that can be asked of of an N.F.L. QB. And pardon me if this has already been brought up (I'm a little upset that SFO lost tonight and as a result I didn't read this entire thread) but another thing to keep in mind is that as of right now Patrick Mahomes has lost only ONE playoff game to a team NOT QB'ed by Tom Brady (the conference championship game a couple of years ago to the Joe Burrow-led Bengals) which seems to speak well of P.M.'s chances of somebody actually passing Tom Brady for "Most Lombardi trophies won" by a single player. Certainly Patrick Mahomes is young enough and has enough football ahead of him to someday challenge TB12 on that count. We'll see!
We'll see. Chris Jones will likely be on a different team next year though and they will have trouble signing other guys in the following years also. I have a feeling this may have been the Chiefs last ride for awhile.
Frank Schwab (at Yahoo!) begs to differ: https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-next-for ... 04988.html
Good for him. Yahoo writers come out with material like the world is coming to an end. That guy has released eight separate articles in the last twenty four hours.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

He's in the top ten. This was his worst season in the NFL, but he closed it out. He's far surpassed Brady pre-2007, and is going to give a serious challenge to Brady's playoff wins and SB records far earlier than anyone could've imagined. He's obviously had the best start to a career of any QB ever, with only Marino in the same ballpark. When is Josh Allen going to get over the MVP and SB hump? Until he does, Mahomes has separated himself from this ridiculously talented group of young AFC QBs. He seems certain to end his career at either #1 or 2 all-time. Where he stands currently, I'd say he just passed Len Dawson as the #1 Chiefs QB, who was around the bottom of my top 10.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The media and networks think Mahomes will pass Brady in SBs, the next five years ... haha
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

Pre-2004 Ty Law rule changes, Mahomes would have been just another QB.

He's not legendary, he's merely the best of a watered down era.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

CSKreager wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 am Pre-2004 Ty Law rule changes, Mahomes would have been just another QB.

Yeah, he just happens to be winning Super Bowls. While other teams are losing. It's all just a roll of the dice that it keeps coming up this way.

Give it up.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

CSKreager wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 am Pre-2004 Ty Law rule changes, Mahomes would have been just another QB.

So would Brady. His first two SB's, his passer ratings weren't any better than Kurt Warner's in his one year with the Giants. People are saying that these two are the GOAT's. It's a joke. SB wins are a team accomplishment, not a QB accomplishment.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

lastcat3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:48 am Let's just think of it like this. If they had the rules of today back when Elway and Marino were playing would the '86 Giants or '89 49ers been able to stop Elway? Would the '84 49ers of been able to stop Marino? If players like Elway and Marino were playing in todays game how many championships would they be winning?
Ken Anderson is another
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

Jay Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:48 am

Yeah, he just happens to be winning Super Bowls. While other teams are losing. It's all just a roll of the dice that it keeps coming up this way.

Give it up.
Luckiest quarterback ever.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

CSKreager wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:57 pm
Jay Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:48 am

Give it up.
Luckiest quarterback ever.
Well, nobody was as lucky as the "great" Tom Brady, but Mahomes isn't far off.