Centennial Class thoughts

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
PFHOFlover

Centennial Class thoughts

Post by PFHOFlover »

This is my first post

My big complaint about the Centennial Class I would like to have seen more players from the 1920s 30s and 40s Lavvie Dilweg Verne Lewellen Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell Al Wistert and where was Ralph Hay the man who organized the meeting that would form the NFL

It also left me with questions like if Jimbo Covert is in why is Joe Jacoby out he has two more Pro Bowls

My first thought when David Baker came on CBS to tell Bill Cowher he’d been elected to the Hall of Fame was he’s probably here to remind fans to tune into the Centennial Class unveiling

I think the problem with the Senior Committee is they’re focused on putting in guys they saw play rather than guys they didn’t see play

Players from the 1920s 30s and 40s Lavvie Dilweg Verne Lewellen Ox Emerson Cecil Isbell and Al Wistert don’t stand a chance with the Senior Committee unless you’ve got historians like Bill Belichick (he’s a historian that’s why he was on the Blue Ribbon Panel that selected the Centennial Class) Chris Willis (who was on the Blue Ribbon that selected the Centennial Class) John Turney and Ken Crippen on the panel
Brian wolf

Re: Centennial Class thoughts

Post by Brian wolf »

Welcome, PFHOFlover and I agree. The voters need more historians, researchers and less beat writing homers. These elections are historic and forever--at least till the game evolves into flag football, which is coming--and great, deserving players dont need voters who dont care or have no knowledge of past NFL history ...

A special election, that others on here have suggested could possibly help the super-seniors but they already had their shot with the Centennial Class, and the results were disappointing to me ...
rewing84

Re: Centennial Class thoughts

Post by rewing84 »

My thoughts : the class got in some players that I thought were very deserving and some after some research they could have gone in a better direction with at least one of them Ed Sprinkle I would have gone with Emerson or Dilweg

In terms of covert I have little to no issue with him, belichick saw him play alot when BB was the Giants D Coordinator , but if BB was not on the committee I would have gone with Jacoby or Kuechenberg